Complaint Review: certified car bank

• Updated: Mon, January 27, 2014

• Reported By: mark — EL PASO Texas
certified car bank
, Select State/Province USA

certified car bank CERTIFIED CAR BANK IS NOT CERTIFIED THROUGH AUTO TRADER OR EBAY AFFILIATED LAST WAS CANADA

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Customer Service is top notch and they actually WORK

*Author of original report: Agreement by myself and certified car bank

I put my car on craigslist to sell on December 26th 2013. certified car bank got a hold of me and said they could sell my vehicle for me with $500 to advertise then I would get refunded the $500 back when the vehicle sold. They were going to add $500 to the $17,000.00 I was asking for. They sent me the contract I signed and sent back only under the assumption that I had a guaranteed buyer already awaiting this vehicle, according to the finance manager. They sound initially like a legit company,the receptionist calls transfers you to the finance manager and so forth. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company. I was told that they already had a buyer ready to buy my vehicle and that we would close the deal in 7-14 business days. the only problem is I had up until the 21st OF JANUARY 2014 to sell my vehicle or return it back to the dealership seeing how it was a lease. [continued below]....

..... This was december 27th 2013. Plenty of time according to Richard Miller, the finance manager who was aware of my situation as I thoroughly explained to him that I must have this vehicle sold before January 21st, 2014.  Around a week before the deadline they were able to get the seller approved for $12,300 my selling price was $17,500. they kept giving me the run around saying they needed more time due to the buyer needing a co-signer then eventually was unable to come up with the money. unfortunatley we were not able to sign the deal and when I called for a refund they offered me GAS VOUCHERS!!!! really?!?! They are not affiliated with auto trader or ebay, even though they have Ebay's logo on their website. So please save your money and avoid CERTIFIED CAR BANK!!!!!!! there number is 1-800-811-2592. The company service people I have dealt with are Stacey, the initial caller, Richard Miller, the finance manager and Tyler the service manager. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2014 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/certified-car-bank/Select-StateProvince/certified-car-bank-CERTIFIED-CAR-BANK-IS-NOT-CERTIFIED-THROUGH-AUTO-TRADER-OR-EBAY-AFFILI-1118809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on certified car bank

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Customer Service is top notch and they actually WORK

AUTHOR: JC300 - ()

I Was apprehensive at first going into the campaign from Certified Car Bank. Once I signed up for the campaign it began immediately and the team went to work. They explained a couple routes that could be taken and I decided on what I felt was best for me.They were very helpful in setting up the ad and walking me through the terms of service. The whole process was simple and straightforward. I am very satisfied with the results of the campaign and highly recommend CCB to anyone in need of auto financing or selling services online. They sold my vehicle in 8 weeks and I was prepared to wait this time because I tried on my own for 3 months with only tire kickers....There was no way I was going to give my car away for free. I have decided to write in this forum because I noticed that 99% of the people who are blogging are NOT or have NOT worked with the company in question...So as a consumer I want to be crystal clear by showing my appreciation... I really like the job you guys have done up to now. It also take a stress away as I was initially very nervous of getting into this. If you need referrals for some clients who would be hesitating, don’t hesitate to send them to me or contact me via email. I agree with M sosa. above that the company has character and it shows because the deliver. -John Cole San Mateo, CA

Agreement by myself and certified car bank

AUTHOR: marsos - ()

After writing my initial post I was contacted by Jason, a customer service representative who actually took the time to understand my frustration. After talking to Jason we came to a complete agreement and both parties are now satisified. As a consumer who demands high quality of customer service, (especially when the customer is always right!) Jason performed a high quality of customer service. I am happy to report that I am satisfied with the outcome after my phone call with Jason from certified car bank. At no point was I threatened or fear of retaliation from certified car bank as I tried to have my post deleted and was advised by ripoffreport.com that they are not allowed too. - M. Sosa