Complaint Review: C.H. Robinson Company

• Updated: Thu, October 22, 2009

• Reported By: Wes — Harvard Illinois USA
C.H. Robinson Company
1840 N Maarcey, Chicago, IL Chicago, Illinois United States of America

C.H. Robinson Company Truckers BEWARE CHR violates The UCC requirement of paying detention time after 2 hrs! Chicago, Illinois

A load booked with Mr Kelly, from Falkirk Elevator in Washburn, ND to Arizona Canning Co, Tuscon AZ was booked, and then hauled by me. I am an owner-operator leased to a small carrier. I delivered at the appointment time, but was held up more than 2 hours. I complied with CH Robinson's "rules" for reporting detention time. After I left, they told my carrier they would not pay unless it's over 5 hrs. The U.C.C. requires after 2 hours.

I called myself the next day, and their response was still not to pay, and If I called again they would not book any loads with the carrier for other drivers.  So not only are they breaking the law,  depriving me of the compensation due me, they are resorting to extortion against the motor carrier I am leased with to get out of paying

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2009 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CH-Robinson-Company/Chicago-Illinois-/CH-Robinson-Company-Truckers-BEWARE-CHR-violates-The-UCC-requirement-of-paying-detentio-513472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C.H. Robinson Company