Complaint Review: Champion Energy

• Reported By: Sellers — Euless Texas United States of America
Champion Energy
4145 Boulder Park Dr Euless, Texas United States of America

Champion Energy Can you say EXTORTION!! Euless, Texas

We received our electric bill from Champion Energy yesterday.  We did not expect our bill to be $792 (doubled from the previous month) especially since we used less energy.

My husband called Champion and spoke with a CSR and was told we were no longer under contract and that "several" attempts had been made to contact us.  When my husband asked when these attempts were made he couldn't give any specific times.  The CSR did say attempts were made by phone.  My husband called BS on this one and offered phone records.  Then the CSR said it was on the bill.  We pulled up over 6 months of bills...no messages.  He then told my husband that a supervisor would call him back within 4 hours.  This was a 4:07 p.m.

At 8:07 p.m. my husband called back Champion and spoke to another supervisor.  This time she said that he was emailed.  The email on the account is a company email and the company requires archiving of all emails.  Again, no contact was made.  She also told my husband that the kw/h fee was of "fair market value."  How is over 22 cents fair market value when Green Mountain charges (customers not under contract) 10.5 cents.  He was then told that if we wanted to sign a contract they could lower our rate.  Is anyone familiar with the term "extortion?"

Another supervisor called today and told my husband that the only way to lower the rate was to sign a 6 month contract.  No contract, no lower rate...the billl stands.  This company is raping it's customers and expecting them to sign contracts.  This is extortion in every sense of the word!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2011 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Champion-Energy/Euless-Texas-76040/Champion-Energy-Can-you-say-EXTORTION-Euless-Texas-775230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Champion Energy