Complaint Review: Change My Address

• Updated: Sat, August 24, 2013

• Reported By: Sandie — San Diego California
Change My Address
7770 Cooper Road, Montgomery, Ohio USA

Change My Address - rip off!! I went on line late last night to change my address with the USPS. I was overtired and chose the first link name: USPS Change of Address-change my address.com. I thought it was really nice of the USPS to make it so easy. I entered all the required information for both myself and my son. I went on my checking account this morning and saw that I was charged $19.95 per change of address!!!! It costs $1.00 with the USPS. I feel so very stupid. I am in my 60's and hear about elderly getting taken by these bogus rip off companies and never thought it would happen to me! I called first thing this morning, 7:25 am, and asked for a refund. Of course they said no. I really can't afford to throw away $40 like that!. I am sick to my stomach. Montgomery Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: I think you should be a bit more attentive when using online sites...

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

Do not use USPS Change of Address-Change-My-Address.com! I am elderly and fell into a complete rip-off. I went online late at night, the night before moving, and checked on the link I listed at the beginning. I filled out the information for both my son and myself. I was offered to be listed on the DO NOT CALL list for $2.95 so I added that for each of us. I thought I had done a great job. I check my bank account this morning to find that I was charged $19.95 per address change! It costs $1.00 through the USPS. I feel like a total idiot! I called the company and asked for the charges to be reversed or to get a refund. Naturally both were refused and I was referred to their legal page. I am sick to my stomach. I am struggling financially and can't afford the $40 I was charged. It had been 8 hours since I filled out their forms. There website is deceptive and a complete rip off. It is clear now that it was even meant to be a rip off. Don't be a dummy like me!! Protect yourself. This company MUST GO!!! How else can I report them? How can I fight them?

This is a copy of their internet link:

USPS® Change Of Address - change-my-address.com‎

www.change-my-address.com/

USPS® Change of Address Form. Fast & Secure Mail Forwarding‎

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Change-My-Address/Montgomery-Ohio-45242/Change-My-Address-rip-off-I-went-on-line-late-last-night-to-change-my-address-with-th-1078655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Change My Address

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I think you should be a bit more attentive when using online sites...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Here's what's at the very top of this companys home page....

"Change My Address is a private business entity that facilitates the address change process for its users and is not affiliated with the US Postal Service™. The fee for this service is to cover the postage, handling, additional services not available through the post office and processing fees charged by the US Postal Service™. If you just wish to file with the US Postal Service and not receive our additional benefits, you may do so by visiting the USPS® website. There is a processing fee charged by the USPS® for submitting an online address change request that must be paid with a valid debit or credit card."

"This company MUST GO!!! How else can I report them? How can I fight them?"

What would be the reason for them to "GO?"  What would you report them for?  What is it you want to fight? You offer up many "reasons" why you were taken advantage of... Tired, elderly, struggling financially.... The problem was you didn't read the prominent disclaimer I''ve posted here and they lived up to their part of the deal. No, I don't work for them and I'm pretty sure their price is too high, but you were advised of the fact that you would be charged.

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"There website is deceptive and a complete rip off."

Their website is not deceptive. The first line at the top of their website clearly states, "Change My Address is a private business entity that facilitates the address change process for its users and is not affiliated with the US Postal Service™... If you just wish to file with the US Postal Service and not receive our additional benefits, you may do so by visiting the USPS® website."

I agree that their services are not worth the additional $19, but you were not ripped off; you agreed to pay them for their additional benefits. They even provide a link to the USPS website.

flash