Complaint Review: change-my-postal-address

• Updated: Tue, July 22, 2014

• Reported By: chechevali — Orlando Florida
change-my-postal-address
Menara CIMB, No.1, Jalan Stesen Sentral Internet Malaysia

change-my-postal-address Another Victim of the Address Change Scams Kuala Lumpur Internet

*Consumer Comment: Here's what's on their homepage. NOT even in fine print..How did you manage to miss this?

I wanted to change my address and did the usual google search to find what I was looking for. I thought I had clicked on the link leading me to the USPS but was mislead by this website "changemypostaladdress.com" because they were nearly identical to the process I used in the USPS website. I was told I'd be charcged $1.05 for the change of address but later found out the charge was actually $39.95. I tried contacting the website, but there's no email, no phone number. They do provide a physical address located somewhere in Malaysia. I tried sending an email using their "email/e-form" option, but the email message gets sent right back to me saying the mail could not be delivered due to domain owner policy restrictions. I don't know what to do. There's no way to contact anyone from this website. I can't believe I fell for such a scam. I feel like a fool.

Jose

Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2014 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/change-my-postal-address/internet/change-my-postal-address-Another-Victim-of-the-Address-Change-Scams-Kuala-Lumpur-Internet-1164144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on change-my-postal-address

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

This site is a private business entity that facilitates change of address requests for its users. This siteis an independently owned complete change of address site and is not affiliated with the United States Postal Service ® (USPS ® or US Postal Service ®). This site acts as an agent for users wishing to file their address change request with the United States Postal Service ® (USPS ® or US Postal Service ®) and many thousands of other organizations. The cost of this service is a one-time fee of $39.95 for your address change, including processing for unlimited address changes for a single name or business within 3 months of your initial order and includes any processing fees charged by the USPS ® for submitting an online change of address request. The fee also covers inclusion in optional junk-mail removal and do-not-call list subscriptions, plus processing of new orders for services such as television, broadband, and telephony services. In addition, the fee covers all processing of change of address notifications for additional organizations such as frequent flier programs, catalogs, magazines, insurance companies, newspapers, broadband, and telephone/cellular companies. This service is provided for a fee to cover postage, handling and processing for notifying the Postal Service ™ at USPS ® (US Postal Service ®, United States Postal Service ®, USPS.com ™, Post Office ™, or www.USPS.com ™) and several other organizations of your change of address. This address change service acts only as a facilitator and agent for your address change and will attempt to make every reasonable effort to notify the proper entities of your address change. This change of address service solely relies on the customer's accuracy in providing correct address change information in order to process your change of address properly, This further does not guarantee that the organizations notified (including the Postal Service ™ at USPS ® (US Postal Service ®, United States Postal Service ®, USPS.com™, Post Office ™, or www.USPS.com ™) will process your address change nor is this service liable in any way for such notification(s) and mail forwarding to be performed by the notified organization. All sales are guaranteed and a no-questions-asked refund is available if you are not satisfied with your order. The accuracy of the information is the responsibility of the user. Using this change of address service also entitles you to receive a free energy conservation e-book, delivered electronically to you, absolutely free of charge.
Change of Address Online here