• Report: #1119026

• Reported By: Micki Martini — OCEANSIDE California
Chantik Formal
14574 Via Bergamo San Diego, California USA

Chantik Formal BUYER BEWARE! San Diego California

"F" Rating with the Better Business Bureau! No Surprise, I wasn't the only complaint.

On May 26, 2013, I bought a dress; Social Occasions by Mon Cheri Style #113849  at Chantik. I saw the dress on 'The Knot.com', clicked on the button "where to buy", and was given Chantik as the authorized retail store in my area. The salesperson sized me for the dress, stated that I am a size 8, but highly recommended getting the size 10, and having it altered for $100.00. She also had me try on a dress by Mon Cheri, so I could get a feel for their sizing. The size 10 she had me try on was too big, however she reiterated having it altered/tailored to my size is highly recommended, and per her expertise the dress was ordered in size 10. Unfortunately, the dress wasn't near the quality, the workmanship inadequate, and oversized. The salesperson insistent on ordering a size 10, and having it altered to an 8 was completely unnecessary, and would jeopardize the integrity of the design. [continued below]....

..... I went back to the store to resolve the issue, and the salesperson offered to personally fix the fraying and sewing on a $400.00 dress, rather than contact the manufacturer to resolve the issue (as stated by Chantik's Guarantee..."*We at CHANTIK FORMALS do hereby guarantee that all of our merchandise shall be thoroughly checked AND double-checked for any defects and/or damages by our professionally qualified staff, and that every order shipped shall be free of any defects or damages", and the Design Manufacturer's Quality Guarantee). When I brought the defects to the salespersons attention, I asked if the dress had been inspected prior, and she stated "no". I thought it was peculiar, and suspicious that a salesperson would personally take on responsibility and make repairs to the dress, therefore, I refused to leave it in her possession without a receipt, which she refused. I have tried to contact the manufacturer, but their website link does not work. I have sent pictures, and have taken the dress to the store, as the Owner of the store has requested to see the dress, but has rescheduled several times over the last month, and hasn't responded to my final request to resolve the issue.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and no surprise....I'm not the only one.  These people are shady.  Chantik doesn't stand behind their worthless "Guarantee", but I can guarantee... I will be filing in small claims to recoup my loss.  I will also be filing complaints with every agency I can resource.  Good luck to anyone doing business here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2014 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chantik-Formal/San-Diego-California-92127/Chantik-Formal-BUYER-BEWARE-San-Diego-California-1119026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chantik Formal