depth

• Reported By: Josh — Parkton North Carolina United States of America
characters.net

characters.net Loot Inc. Never delivers items ordered. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customer received refund + free $38 gift code + free account

*Author of original report: After 7 days they send me the character info, and it doesn't work...

*Author of original report: Got contact back from my emails but still no product delivery

I placed an order with characters.net on Mar. 28, 2012 for a level 80 cleric on Everquest. On their website they show a max of 72 hours delivery with over 40% of their orders being delivered in an hour. Moneybookers took the money out of my account instantly yet I have still not heard from characters.net at all. I have still yet to even receive an order number...

I have used their "Live Chat" feature multiple times to end up at an email form stating they are helping others at this time. After filling out that email form multiple times now all I get sent is an automatic email linking to their FAQ. It would seem no one monitors that email address.

It is now at the 124 hour mark (that's 5 days), when they promise 72 hours. At 7 days if I have not received anything I will be requesting a charge back on my credit card and contacting moneybookers to notify them that characters.net seems to be scamming people. I would suggest to others they have ripped off to do the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2012 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/charactersnet/internet/charactersnet-Loot-Inc-Never-delivers-items-ordered-Internet-862328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on characters.net

Customer received refund + free $38 gift code + free account

AUTHOR: CH Agent - (United States of America)

Dear Josh,

We are updating this complaint on your behalf now as we just noticed you posted this.

1). Josh ordered through MoneyBookers and on the time he purchased the item, there was an update going on with MB that caused his order to be lost.

2). We corrected this issue shortly afterwards and issued delivery on his account. Upon receiving his account, he had some technical issues logging into the account.

3). We ended up moving forward per his request of giving him a refund on the payment so he felt more comfortable with the transaction. We then gave him $38 free (amount he paid) at no charge for the issues her experienced.

In summary, you lost nothing but gained a free $38 gift code from this transaction.

Thank you again for using our services!

After 7 days they send me the character info, and it doesn't work...

AUTHOR: Josh - (United States of America)

Today is day 7. This morning I sent them an email saying to refund my money or tomorrow I do a charge back on my credit card. I received an email a little bit ago with account information. I tried it and it doesn't work!

It would seem they are delaying the charge back by sending me bogus character login information. The character is even still listed on the site for sell even though I bought it over 7 days ago and they even "delivered" it. So it looks like they are just waiting to rip off another person.

Got contact back from my emails but still no product delivery

AUTHOR: Josh - (United States of America)

Not long after this report went public I received an email from characters.net stating that they are looking in to my order. After a few more hours they said that there was some kind of technical problem why I didn't receive an order number. Shortly after that I received my order number but no character info.

When I check the order status on their site it says "Delivering". It has been like that for 2 days now. Today is the 7 day mark. If I don't receive my character by this evening I will be begin the process of a charge back like I stated.

It would seem the company is now just trying to delay any customer action at this point since it looks like they may not even have the products they are trying to sell.