Complaint Review: characters.net

• Updated: Wed, August 01, 2012

• Reported By: Eskion — Portage Indiana United States of America
characters.net

characters.net - wowtrades.com Cannot be trusted Internet

*Author of original report: Resolved Years Ago and Updating Now! Great Company!

*Consumer Suggestion: what can I do?

I have been waiting for this website to attempt to open a dialogue with me since December 1st.  The first transaction was when I attempted to make a purchase for $57.68.  After 5 days of waiting with no response I was informed that the item I had purchased was not available on December 5th.  As compensation they offered me a $70 credit for services that they offer, which I was initially satisfied with.
   Later in the day (on December 5th) I had found something else that I wanted to purchase for (if my memory recalls correctly) $49.98. I was unable to use the credit to cover the entire purchase and only paid $0.01 through paypal.
   As of right now the product has been "delivered" but the information I need to login (the purchase was that of a gaming account) is invalid at this time.  I have already sent them emails regarding this issue, but I do not have high hope of a satisfactory result.
   At this time I am very disappointed with the service provided and the customer service has been absolutely awful (there hasn't been any).  Each time I sent an email to the company I received 3 automated emails.
   During the first transaction I received an email stating that someone was working on having the account, only to find out later that something had happened and I would not be receiving what I ordered, but would be given a "store credit".  During the second transaction I tried to reach a live person again with no avail.  I only received an email from a live person upon the "delivery" of the account I had ordered, but the login information that I was provided does not work.
   What are the chances of a real remedy?  I do not want another "credit" that is not actually useful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2009 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/charactersnet/internet/charactersnet-wowtradescom-Cannot-be-trusted-Internet-535535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on characters.net

Resolved Years Ago and Updating Now! Great Company!

AUTHOR: Eskion - (USA)

Been a few years since I updated this

Wanted to sell my  wow account the other day and forgot I originally posted this. The issue was resolved many years ago. The company went out of there way to make it right and I ended up getting an absolute incredible deal out of it.

Also, the company I dealt with was wow trades not characters so people aren't confused.

I recommend this company for buying and selling

#2 Consumer Suggestion

what can I do?

AUTHOR: maria - (United States of America)

What I want to report is that I feel that CC brown law office has rip me off $3500 dollar and supposely they would help me get a lower rate and monthly payment for the home I'm currently living in due to my situation I feel they have not provide a satifactory or deliver on their action. But has collect my money every month and if a paid was missed then they will call to obtain that payment right away. But everytime I call I get a voicemail and then they call me while I'm at work and unable to take the call and really hasn't done anything to my loan modification except lower it down $30 dollar, what is that in this ecomnic situation. I would like to know what I can do regarding having them return my payment and me try to get information on processing a loan modification through the lender myself?