Complaint Review: Charlie's Tire and Auto

• Updated: Sun, August 10, 2014

• Reported By: Kirk — South Carolina
Charlie's Tire and Auto
177 N Caldwell St Brevard, North Carolina USA

Charlie's Tire and Auto Unsafe practices, taking advantage of customers in emergencies Brevard North Carolina

When my car hit a pothole and gave me 2 flat tires and two bent wheels, I was towed to Charlie's. They told me for just $30 a tire for 2 used tires they could fix me up enough (safely) so I could drive home to Greenville, SC. The workers got one wheel to hold air, but the second one wouldn't hold air because of the bent rim. I told them to just keep the one working wheel on, and I would throw the emergency spare tire on instead of the other. Well the guy I who I assume is the owner or boss man came out and told them to go ahead and try to get the other wheel to work with the tire anyways. They put the 2 used tires on with my damaged rims saying I would be safe to drive home. My bill was $182 dollars. They charged me $111 dollars for mounting and balancing 2 wheels!!!
The worst part is I only got halfway down the mountain from Caesar's Head before the one wheel that had more damage went flat, and forced me to change to my spare tire! I made an hour and a half drive back to Charlie's the next day for a refund, but he only gave back the $30 for the tire, and refused to reimburse me any cost for the labor of mounting and balancing a faulty, unsafe tire. They put that unsafe wheel on just to make a sale, and I feel I may be a victim of price gouging. Avoid this shop at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2014 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charlies-Tire-and-Auto/Brevard-North-Carolina-28712/Charlies-Tire-and-Auto-Unsafe-practices-taking-advantage-of-customers-in-emergencies-Br-1168831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charlie's Tire and Auto