Complaint Review: Charlies used cars/Charlies finance co.

• Submitted: Sat, November 30, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, November 30, 2013

• Reported By: david — Corydon Indiana
Charlies used cars/Charlies finance co.
1017 hwy62 NW Corydon , Indiana USA

Charlies used cars/Charlies finance co. while repairing my car, the mechanic did moore than $1000 damage, by not having the correct tools, or experience to do the repair properly Corydon Indiana

I took my 2001 mazda tribute back to the buisness, where I bought it, to get ball joints replaced. The mechanic did not have the proper tool to remove the ball joints. So attempted to use a hammer. In using a hammer he damaged the lower control arms, tie rods, rack pinion, and the drivers side CV boot.

All said and done the bill was over nine hundred dollars, but would have been over a thousand dollars, if the owner had charged me for the drivers side half shaft.

About 3 weeks later the lower a frame bolt came loose, and had to be replaced. This is when I discovered the bolt that the mechanic installed was the wrong size, and the nut used was not the correct nut for the bolt. In fact the nut that was a wheel lug nut.

I attempted to contact the owner, but he would not see me, or speak with me concerning this matter.

This repair should have cost no more than $200, but instead it's costing me over $900. I am still paying payments on this car to Charlies at a rate of $200 a month. And now I am also paying $200 a month for the repairs.

I have never been treated like this in my entire life, and am stumped as to where to go from here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2013 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charlies-used-carsCharlies-finance-co/Corydon-Indiana-47112/Charlies-used-carsCharlies-finance-co-while-repairing-my-car-the-mechanic-did-moore-th-1103280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charlies used cars/Charlies finance co.