Complaint Review: charmdvd.com

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: Logan — Corry Pennsylvania United States of America

charmdvd.com Crooks!!! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Official Response from CharmDVD - False Complaint

I spent $89 dollars to buy the Hill Street Blues boxset from www.charmdvd.com. At first glance, youll
think that its a very reputable company. Well, I guess theyre just hiding from a mask. My order didnt arrive up to now and its been almost 2 months since I placed my order! I called and emailed these rip-offs without receiving any response! Im going to say goodbye to my money, I guess!! This is also a
lesson for me. So, for those whos planning to order from this site, you better go find somewhere else. This company is a big scammer!!! Hope bad karma comes their way, soon!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2013 11:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/charmdvdcom/internet/charmdvdcom-Crooks-Internet-1028461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on charmdvd.com

Official Response from CharmDVD - False Complaint

AUTHOR: CharmDVD.com - ()

We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative however we will not tolerate fake reviews or false complaints.

We want to begin by officially stating to ALL of our customers in the past, present or future that if you have ANY issues with your order, your product or any other aspect of your dealings with CharmDVD, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 support at support@charmdvd.com or through our website contact page.

You will immediately see how quick and professional our response is and how swiftly we resolve all concerns.

We have a 30 day Money Back guarantee on ALL orders so if for any reason, you are unhappy with the order, we'll be glad to give you a full refund.

Now, with regards to this particular complaint, unfortunately this is clearly a competitor attempting to sabotage and discredit our business reputation.  They are known in the industry to use these types of unethical tactics against their North American counterparts.

Let us quickly explain.

The CharmDVD.com website (and domain) was launched on March 7th and actually only went live on March 12 of this year.   That means as of the date of the complaint, we would have owned the website for one week and actually been live for 1-2 days.
(This can be verified by doing a simple WHOIS search on the domain at  whois.domaintools.com/ or who.godaddy.com/ )

Since our only shipping option takes a minimum of 2 weeks to arrive, it is impossible for this particular customer to have received any product they ordered.  Stating facts such as "I ordered months ago" or "I've attempted to contact this customer for weeks" is 100% false.

We have a major competitor located in China, that are known in the industry to not only offer Fake, Illegal Copies of these DVD's, but also are known use these types of tactics regularly against their American and Canadian rivals.

Simply do a Google search on one of their dozens of websites and you will see the reputation they have for deceiving American customers with their illegal products and other shady practices.

A couple of their websites and reviews:

It is obvious this competitor saw our new website go Live, and attempted to take things into their own hands my crafting these false complaints on many of the major complaint boards.

This is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

We have contacted the administration for this forum as well as the other forums they have posted on and have requested the full removal of any and all complaints made by this individual/company/IP address.

They claims have absolutely no basis behind them and their only goal is to hurt their North American competitors.

Once again, to all our customers, please disregard this attempt to discredit our North American company.  If you have ANY concern, question or issue (before or after you order) simply contact us and you'll receive a prompt, courteous and professional response.

We thank you for your consideration and your business.

Kevin Williams