Complaint Review: Charter Cable Communications

• Updated: Wed, May 12, 2010

• Reported By: Miz Jules — Reno Nevada United States of America
Charter Cable Communications
http://www.charter.com/Visitors/Home.aspx Reno, Nevada United States of America

Charter Cable Communications Charter Cable Unethical Fraud Overcharged Reno, Nevada

*UPDATE Employee: Charter

They charged my husband and I $175- for the first month of service, $65- of that on our credit card that I asked and was told repeatedly would NOT be charged. Then I paid the installer a M/O of $110.00 not knowing they had already charged our card.

Now they REFUSE TO SPEAK TO US OVER THE PHONE to discuss this, or any other related issue, because we do not have our account number--and which we won't receive until we get our first bill next month.  WTF??

We have asked them repeatedly to cancel/close the account, they refuse without the account number.

They asked my husband to come into the office in person here in Reno to show his ID. I hope this will resolve the issue.  If not, we're going to sue in small claims court. We've already filed a complaint with the FCC, online.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2010 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Cable-Communications/Reno-Nevada-/Charter-Cable-Communications-Charter-Cable-Unethical-Fraud-Overcharged-Reno-Nevada-602164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Cable Communications

Charter

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

Good afternoon my name is Robert I work in the social media department with Charter Communications.

I do apologize about the problem you are having and we would like to help.

Please email us at umatter2charter@chartercom.com with your issue along with your account information (acct #, telephone and address) we will escalate this immediately.

Please include in the title of your email this is from ROR and in the body of your email include the link to your ROR claim.