Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Updated: Sun, December 05, 2010

• Reported By: Marlin — Indian River Michigan United States of America
Charter Communications
Gaylord, Michigan United States of America

Charter Communications p o box 1688 Found du lac Wi 54936 they dubble diped of 11 21 09 of $270 i payed it then March 3 of 2010 a $600 was added i fired them now its 1,097.21 and on my creddit report i am on disabilty Gaylord, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Charter

*Consumer Suggestion: I suggest you get someone else to handle your affairs

*UPDATE Employee: Charter

i had Charter Communications for two years and i am on ssi and in November of 09 they have dabble dipped out of my bank of $270 just when i payed them the week before of my bill then the nixed month they shut me off so I payed it again then in March i moved to a new place with a 0 balance with Chater and by April they charged me $600 extra on my Bill i canceled them right away and now its in final Collections with a $1,097.21 its hard being on disability and trusting a home T V with scam out there like Charter cable I am furring........

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Gaylord-Michigan-49735/Charter-Communications-p-o-box-1688-Found-du-lac-Wi-54936-they-dubble-diped-of-11-21-09-of-654894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications

Charter

AUTHOR: mitzy - (United States of America)

I am mainly responding since I see Mr. Henderson has responded to your post. I also had problems with Charter a few years ago, and have since switched my service to one of the satellite dish companies.
I was charged for a cable box that was returned to them in person at the local office. I am not sure what happened to the box once it was handed over to the employee, but needless to say, it must have disappeared and I was charged for it. Best part is, the employee I returned it to admitted that she remember my returning it to her.

After dealing with customer service for about a month with no luck, I called the corporate offices and spoke with many people, one of which was Mr. Henderson.

This man did absolutely nothing to help me. Instead, he treated me as of I were lying. He was condescending, rude, and arrogant. Dealing with anyone at the corporate office is almost worse than dealing with the customer service department.

They ended up putting this fraudulent charge on my credit, which meant I had no choice but to pay it.

Charter is a terrible company. I know many people in this area that go without any type of cable service because they are the only option and many people are afraid of satellite service. My family has also had nothing but problems dealing with them.

My fraudulent charges were not as high as yours, but I still got ripped off and will never, under any circumstance, ever, use this company again.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I suggest you get someone else to handle your affairs

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I suggest that you get someone else to handle your financial affairs, and write any future reports, as yours are incomprehensible.

I had to read your report 3 times to even get the basic idea of what you were trying to say. I am still confused.

Maybe illiteracy is the root of your problems, as maybe you did not understand the contract you entered, and when you had a problem, most likely nobody could understand your communications with them.

Why would you give them authorization to debit your bank account, and also make a manual payment? I am puzzled by that.

If you were under contract in any way, they had the right to get their money.

Nobody cares that you are on SSI. Totally irrelevent here. Being on disability does dot give you any special rights as to paying your obligations.

I fail to see the rip off here.

How, exactly were you "ripped off"? I still don't get it.

Charter

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

Hello Martin,
My name is Witten Henderson, and I am a Communications Specialist with Charter. I would first like to apologize for the trouble you have had with the charges on your Charter bill. My job is to resolve these situations, and I would be happy to make sure all concerns are addressed. Please send me an email at Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com with the name, address, and telephone number of your Charter account . In your e-mail, please put CharterWitten: Rip Off Reports in the subject line, so that I can keep an eye out for it.

Witten Henderson