Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Submitted: Sun, February 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 10, 2008

• Reported By:Granite Falls North Carolina
Charter Communications
1121 Lenoir Rhyne BLVD. SE Hickory, North Carolina U.S.A.

Charter Communications Told me I could get cable, internet, and phone service for $129.96 and when I called back to confirm this price I was took on a rat race and then I was told if I would keep their services I could get it for $126.62. When I received my first bill it was for a whopping $199.52. I sent them what I had agreed upon and explained why that was what I was sending they turned around and sent me another Hickory North Carolina

In December of 2007 I called Charter Communications about my cable tiling, while I was on the phone a representative offered me a deal I could not refuse but, I never got that deal because they lied to get more of my business. I was quoted a price of $129.96 for 12 months and when I called back to confirm this I was told oh no you will owe $188.52. At this time I was extremely upset and disappointed so, I proceeded to cancel the extra services when I was asked if they could lower the price would I consider keeping it. I then told them it depended on the price. I was then offered the same service for $126.62 per month for 12 months. I received my first bill and it was $199.52 I sent $126.62 which was what I had agreed upon. My next bill was $202.68 which they demanded immediately and I did not have that nor was I going to pay for something I had not agreed upon so, they politely disconnected my cable. I called about my cable and was told it was because I had an outstanding balance of $52 and some odd cents. I had already been told my cable was going to be $68.99 +tax without all the extras so you figure it out. I sent them a check for $126.62 which should take care of the $52 and some odd cents but, I want have my extended cable until Wednesday because that is the earliest they can get somebody out to hook it back up.

Terry brown pittman
Granite Falls, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2008 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/SE-Hickory-North-Carolina-28602-5128/Charter-Communications-Told-me-I-could-get-cable-internet-and-phone-service-for-12996-307769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications