Complaint Review: Charter Communications

2 Digital Place Simpsonville, South Carolina USA
  • Phone: 314 9650555
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Charter Communications Michael Henry Customer Escalation Department Tom Rutledge Involuntary Disconnected disabled person for complaining about constant service interruptions and services not working Simpsonville South Carolina

For the past sixteen months I've tried repeatadly to correct problems with my service. Constant no signals, channels out, DVR not recording, changing cable boxes and DVR 7 times, everyday having to unplug and re-plug to reboot cable box.

This package is part of a silver package that cost $79.00;plus internet. Total bill $180 recurring monthly.

Although, they (Charter) understand I am working disable they request I travel to swap out the DVR and reboot. Incurring lost wages. One days pay amounts to $102 dollars. That's my transportation cost and food budget for the week!

Still service does not work properly.

After contacting a regional manager Charter sent out a channel manager and a bucket to trouble shoot. I was given a newer version DVR and parts were replaced on outside lines. Finally my DVR worked and service is working properly.

Shortlty thereafter a MR Michael Henry called from charter escalations. I explained the situation and felt that I was owed some credit or refund for remitting full payment when my service was not fully working,but seems to be properly working now after the tech and superviser swaped the Dvr and made repairs outside.

MR Henry said there was no refund and that I recieved credits in the past. Not True. I explained that I did recieve a credit on an old account when they put me in a term agreement at a discounted rate that was never applied. This was discovered when I installed service at my new adress.

MR Henry implied that I was stupid and "can't you read a simple bill. He had me to the point of tears.I asked if he would speak with my health care proxy or my father and he refused, even though they are authoriized to speak on my behalf since I was in tears from his treatment and having a Panic Attack. He Redused to speak with anyone authorized or not.

I informed Mr Henry that I intended to file a formal complaint and seek help from a consumer advocate group or contact a consumer reporter and would consider reducing services.

The next day I recieved a letter from Mr. Henry VIA Fed Ex stating that my service would be involuntary disconnected on  March 12th, 2014.

I live in a rural erea. There is no other cable provider. And satalite is not an option as I have no claer path to the sothern sky. I can only place the dish on my patio per apartment complex rules.

This is truly not proper treatment of a loyal 8 year customer! I'm disabled but do work limitedly and return home. Cable is my only source of entertainment as I mostly stay home or close to home because of my disability. How Can This Be Right?

I have called multible times because my service was not working, yet I was consistently remitting full payment. My service is set to be disconnected; yet i have no over due balance. Can someone please help! Should I go to the press? What  is my recourse? Why would Charter want this type of image or publicity. I intend to contact Americans with Disabilities.

I've pleaded and begged that my service not be disconncted to no avail. Please could someone help?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2014 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Simpsonville-South-Carolina-29681/Charter-Communications-Michael-Henry-Customer-Escalation-Department-Tom-Rutledge-Involunta-1130742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications