Complaint Review: Charter Communications

PO Box 78063 Sparks,Reno, Nevada United States of America
  • Phone: 1888GETCHARTER
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Charter Communications Sends account to collections 18 days before bill is due! Sparks,Reno, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: What is the timeframe here?

*Consumer Comment: An idea

*UPDATE Employee: Charter Communications

Ok, so you pay your bills on time, Every time to Charter Communications for Two Years. Then you move to a new house....and pay for your New Charter transferred account (On Time)...Charter issues you a refund from the Previous Property then figures out that THEY made an Error and Overpaid on your refund. No problem Right?

Wrong...They then issue a New Bill to you with absolutely NO Explanation on the bill, (Had to find out the sketchy details by calling them) The bill is not due for 20 Days after they mailed it...but they turn you into a Collection Agency 2 Days after they ISSUED the Bill. When I asked Charter for an explanation as to the bill, they refused to send anything in writing.

I requested that they remove this "Collection" immediately as the bill isnt even Due yet. They then told me the "collection" would be removed when the bill was paid and if I paid the bill on the phone that minute..They would remove the "Collection". I spoke to the collection agency and they are totally confused and wondering why Charter sent it to them, but are unable to remove it until thier client, Charter gives them the OK. A copy of the bill was faxed to the Collection Agency..They were forthright in saying thier client was Wrong!

Remember this is a bill which hasnt even approached the DUE DATE. I felt like the representative was attempting extortion on my credit rating as I was speaking with him, he just kept saying "When you pay the bill..We will remove it from collections" When asked why would it be put in collections prior to the due date even being remotely close, I was told they can turn any bill into our collections department at any time regardless of status.

When my "Contract" expires, you can be assured this company will never see a penny from me ever again as well as every possible person that I can contact and they contact..etc The Internet is a good thing. And free speech, Especially with Documented Proof is a VERY good thing.

If there are any Attorneys that are familiar with Fair Credit Acts etc.. out there that are interested in speaking to me, I would be happy to send you the paperwork that this company has sent me. Im sure that I am not the only person out there that Charter is attempting to perform Credit Rating Extortion on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2010 10:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/SparksReno-Nevada-/Charter-Communications-Sends-account-to-collections-18-days-before-bill-is-due-SparksRe-640677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications

What is the timeframe here?

AUTHOR: noob - (United States of America)

I must be lost on the timeframe here. It seems as if the billing was messed up. How long from when you were issued the "credit" did you get reported to collections? As far as I understood a client wouldn't report to collections until the balance was at least 60-120 days old. This is assuming that the vendor is a money hungry greedy cable company.... I admit I don't know the actual law regarding this but this just doesn't seem right. The next thing that is confusing is if the vendor turned it over to collections regardless of the reason, you would be paying the collection company instead of the original vendor. The said collection company would have bought the "debt" owed to Charter and would be the new owner of the money owed, Charter would have nothing to do with it after that point. So my questions are, how did it get to collections so fast and why would you pay Charter if the debt is owed to a collection agency?

An idea

AUTHOR: Norcal bryan - (U.S.A.)

I can see what went wrong.  When they readjusted the bill from the previous address and there was no refund but a payment due.  The computer goes back the the original date and shows it as a late pay on those funds.  Then they are tacked onto your current bill.  Which explains the collections and the later due date.  You should have spoken to a supervisor or a manager to work this out.

Charter Communications

AUTHOR: Umatter2charter - (USA)

My name is Witten Henderson, and I would like to apologize for the trouble you have had with Charter customer service and billing. I work for Charter to resolve exactly  these sorts of concerns and would be happy to look into this issue to make sure all issues are addressed. Please send me an email at Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com with the name, address, and telephone number of your Charter account . In your e-mail, please put CharterWitten in the subject line, so I can keep an eye out for it.

Witten Henderson