Complaint Review: Charter Communications

• Updated: Sat, March 01, 2014

• Reported By: Jan — Cottondale Alabama
Charter Communications
8413 Excelsior Dr 120 Tuscaloosa, Alabama USA

Charter Communications Continues to charge enormous bills after all equiment returned, Have called multiple times to get bill straight but continues without satisfaction, we owe $36.00 but keep getting bill for $302.00 Tuscaloosa Alabama

*Author of original report: No early termanation fee

*Author of original report: There was no early termination fee

*Consumer Comment: Is the $302 for an early termination fee on your contract with them?

My Husband and I disconnected our cable TV and Internet services on 1/9/14 by returning all equipment to Charter Communications. We was told our bill will be sent to us by mail for the amount of $36.00.

When we got the bill it was for $302.00. I called them and she said it was because they had not disconnected it at the pole and they would reschedule the pole disconnection. Afew days later we got another bill it was for $302.99, so I called again the same thing happened. I requested a supervisor to call me both times, they said one would call me but she has yet to call and it has been 5 weeks.  We have called them five times with no satisfaction.

We keep getting these bills and we are afraid it is going to hurt our credit, we just want to pay what we owe and be through with them.  I have read several of these complaints on you web site and I see where they have hurt other peoples credit and that is what we are trying to prevent.   Thank You

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2014 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Communications/Tuscaloosa-Alabama-35453/Charter-Communications-Continues-to-charge-enormous-bills-after-all-equiment-returned-Ha-1125753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Communications

No early termanation fee

AUTHOR: Jan - ()

We had service with Charter Communications since 2009 so there was no early termination fee! Also I wanted to say we never was late paying our bill every month and we did not owe anything except from January 1st-Jauary 9th which was the $36.00

There was no early termination fee

AUTHOR: Jan - ()

We had service with Charter since 2009 so there was no early termination fee, they are just money hungry!

Is the $302 for an early termination fee on your contract with them?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

You should probably read your contract now, as it appears you haven't yet.  If you threw it away when you got it, ask them to send you a copy.