Complaint Review: Charter Financial Corporation - CFC

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 30, 2007

• Reported By:Bloomingdale Ohio
Charter Financial Corporation - CFC
(fake) One Rockefeller Plaza New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-503-4941
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Charter Financial Corporation ripoff Advanced Fee Lending Scam New York New York

I had put in a few applicartions online to get a $6500 personal loan. I was contacted a few days later via phone by Amber Corners from Charter Fianancial Corporation. She said that I was approved for the loan that I had applied for online. She gave me the interest rate, the amount of the payments and the length of the loan. I called her back a few days later and accepted the offer. She said that she needed to verify my information. I faxed her my social security card, my drivers license, a current bill that showed my residence, and a pay stub. She was very nice and seemed like she knew what she was talking about. Once I sent her my information, she sent me a contract that was very detiled and seemed legit. Allthough there were a few small errors on it, they were small mistakes and did not really concern me. In this contract there was a $884.94 security deposit that was needed for me to get the loan. She explained to me that this was just to insure and guarantee my loan. She also stated that I can decide whether i want to pay off the loan three moths early or elect to not pay for three months (my payments were 294.98 x 3mo is 884.94). I was leary of this but i figured since i have limited credit it may be required. That was exactly what she had explained to me. Being a bit leary i looked up the Charter Financial Corporation online and it seemed to be legit.

Once it was time to send the money via Western Union, she explained that I would have to fax her the receipt and they would cover the cost for me to send the money, which was $79. She gave me a city and state in Canada to send the money to. She also exclaimed that i should send it person to person becase there are charges that will occur that they do not cover. I wanted my loan to badly becasue i should have red flagged myself right there. I sent the money to a Laura Merolla which is probably also a fake name. Amber called me back and said that I was taken care of and I would see the money no later than 48 hours. It is now 72 hours later and I have no money.
During the time that I was waiting, i went online again and realized that the real Charter Financial Corporation was in Geaorgia! This company that I am dealing with is supposedly in the Rockefeller Center in New York, NY. I called the Rockefeller center and there is no one located in the entire plaza by the name of Charter Financial Corporation. This company does not Exist! I am still calling and she is still answering telling me that she is goin to talk to my lender and find out what the problem is. I will ask for my money back shortly and will update this report when i do so. Do not do buisiness with a company that does this.

I have found out that it is illegal to take any money from someone before the loan is supplied. Therefore all advanced fee loans are a scam. They have taken my money and all of my personal information that they will proabably sell to someone. I have spent hours chaging my credit cards, bank accounts, writing reports to the Federal Trade Comission and the Indiana Attorney Generals office, i had to put flags on my social security number and my credit reports. Hopefully that will be enough and hopefully these theives will be caught, and I am goign to do everything in my power to do so.

Dont fall for scams like this! Ive had to learn my lesson the hard way and hopefully not too many more have to do the same.

As of now, i dont have my loan and I am $960 in the hole for this scam.

Salts
Bloomingdale, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Financial-Corporation-CFC/New-York-New-York-10020/Charter-Financial-Corporation-ripoff-Advanced-Fee-Lending-Scam-New-York-New-York-264142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Financial Corporation - CFC