Complaint Review: Charter Oak Financial

• Reported By: ROlvera78 — plant city Florida
Charter Oak Financial
101 Barclay Street new york, New York USA

Charter Oak Financial BEWARE!!!!possible scam new york New York

*Consumer Comment: this is a scam!!!!

*General Comment: loan

*Author of original report: charter oak financial

*Consumer Comment: charter oaks financial

please beware of this company. seems to be a scam. glad i did my research before I made any transactions with them. received an email solicitation stating that I was approved for 5000.00 personal loan. there is a possibility that I may have applied with this company because I have been looking for a personal loan for people with damaged credit. I spoke with mr saunders at 855-814-9573 ext 359. he told me that I was approved and that i would need to make a payment for the 1st 5 months to show good faith to his investors and that funds would need to be wired via western union or mailed to 101 barclay st ny,ny 10007. he emailed me a contract that looks pretty legitimate and I did have an attorney look at the papers and he left it up to me to make a decision to risk loosing money. I was told by Mr saunders that once funds received I would receive payment in 24 hours. wanted to put this info out there for everyone. if anyone knows about this company please let me know

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 06:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charter-Oak-Financial/new-york-New-York-10007/Charter-Oak-Financial-BEWAREpossible-scam-new-york-New-York-1100541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charter Oak Financial

this is a scam!!!!

AUTHOR: TAB14212 - ()

I have attempted to get a loan with this company, before I saw this report.  I was working with a Peter Gilmore at extension 291, who had me pay the security deposit (for 8 months) totaling 790.00 to an Eric Mathews via western union direct wire.  This cost an additional 75.00 which was supposed to be refunded with the loan.  The loan was supposed to be direct deposited into my bank account within 24 hours.  This was on a Friday.  On Monday no deposit came.  Peter Gilmore would not return my phone calls.  Finally a Eugene Mullins at extension 452 called me and said he needed another 790.00 from me to make this loan happen.  If I had 1600.00 I wouldn't need a loan.  When I said to cancel the loan he told me it would take a month for me to get my deposit back.  So now I sit and wait....  Nothing in writing that I will even get my money back, they wouldn't give it to me!  Just a promise from some guy named Eugene!  Don't try this loan!!!!!  Now I'm completely screwed right before Christmas and they could care less!  They just want to steal your money from you!

#2 General Comment

loan

AUTHOR: matt - ()

Have you had any luck finding a loan? As I am too looking for a loan with damaged credit.

charter oak financial

AUTHOR: ROlvera78 - ()

No..I thought that I would wait to see if anyone responded with positive comments in regards to this company. I was very wary of the several conversations that I have had with mr saunders. I work for a bank and have a little knowledge about loans and the research I did before I sent him 793.00 for a supposed 1st 5 mo payments and I also used some verbage with him in which he was not familiar with and a broker should know about "amortization" which is one of the words on the contract..Please let me know if you proceed with any transactions with this co....do make sure it is charter oak financial.net----there are many charter oak.com which are bonafied companies.

charter oaks financial

AUTHOR: matt - ()

I received an E-mail this morning from charter oaks financial. Have not called them yet.was curious if you had made a decision yet? I have been scamed once before with up front fees and don't trust any one that wants one.