Complaint Review: CHARTER ONE FINANCIAL

• Reported By: Tabitha — Buffalo New York
CHARTER ONE FINANCIAL
101 BARCLAY ST NEW YORK, New York USA

CHARTER ONE FINANCIAL LOAN SCAM!!! NEW YORK New York

I was contacted by Peter Gilmore of Charter Oaks Financial who stated that I was approved for a $5000.00 loan, even though I had poor credit.  Being just before the holidays, I was kind of desperate.  I signed the required loan paperwork and paid the required deposit of $800 via western union.  I was told I had to do an immediate wire transfer, which cost an additional $75.00.  This was on a Friday, and I was told my deposit would be made on Saturday.  On Monday there was still no deposit, so I had called Charter Oaks 4 times before a Eugene Millins called me back, and rather rudely told me I had to send an additional $800!  This was due to my credit.  They already knew I had poor credit!  Why did they need additional funding?  I was then told when I said to refund my money, that I would have to wait until Dec 26, today is Dec. 2nd.  It took them one hour to pick up my money and now I have to wait almost a month if they return it at all.  I did not see the other Ripoff Report until after I paid the deposit and got a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Beware of this company!  They just want to steal your money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHARTER-ONE-FINANCIAL/NEW-YORK-New-York-10007/CHARTER-ONE-FINANCIAL-LOAN-SCAM-NEW-YORK-New-York-1103595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHARTER ONE FINANCIAL