- Report: #276250
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Chase Bank - Credit Card Service
Chase Bank - Credit Card ServicePo Box 15123 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.
Chase Bank - Credit Card Service chase bank credit card service tricky rude ripoffs Wilmington Delaware
*UPDATE Employee: Trickery??
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Since the first time I have applied for their card 10 years ago they have been using trickery on me and dishonesty not to mention very rude and uncaring phone staff. Here is a list of just a few things this bank has done to me:
1. When i first got my new Chase card it was at a low interest rate, i have very good credit so i knew someday they would raise it, they always do, but i was shocked when one day out of the blue they raised it to 18.24%.
2. I started noticing something interesting it seemed that every other statement that came in from them had a late fee on it of $15.00, when i asked them about this they danced around the subject. Even to this day they are hitting me up for these late fees.
3. I have two credit cards one personal and one for business and thats the way i like it. I have never applied for another card and never disired to have another card. Chase keeps sending me these false statements that look very official like it is a real credit card statement. This is more trickery by Chase to extract money from a person, if you dont pay close attention you will think it is your actual credit card statement (they look identical). This is the mistake i made i thought it was my regular business statement and i sent in a payment which was not really a payment but was a sign up fee for another credit card (trickery).
Well anyway Chase starts billing me and i notice that the account numbers do not match any numbers on my two credit cards. So im thinking im sending money to Chase for a phantom account that i never really signed up for, never recieved a card for and never bought anything with.
In other words they are getting my money to do nothing but shuffle papers around.
I called Chase and the woman on the other end was rude and played dumb, i tried to explain the situation to her and told her i didnt even have a credit card with the number showing on the statement, she said well we sent it to you, and i said well did i sign it and call it in? did i activate it? dont you have to call it in before it is active? she had no answers for me.
I told her i did not remember ever opening this card account and i have not recieved a card, so there really is no account. She insisted there is an account, so i told her i wanted to cancel the so called phantom account.
very snippy she says to me "ok, i will cancel your account and report it to the credit agencies."
So now i have paid over $100 into an account i didnt even want or use, a card i never recieved, and to top it off now i have a bad mark on my credit because i cancelled a card i never had in the first place.
Consumers beware, these credit card companies/banks are out to get your money anyway they can even if it means dishonesty and trickey. I am very disappointed in Chase bank for treating a steady customer of theirs in this manner. because of the way they have ripped me off i would have to recommend to all consumers to check your statements very carefully and avoid doing business with Chase Bank.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2007 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank-Credit-Card-Service/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5123/Chase-Bank-Credit-Card-Service-chase-bank-credit-card-service-tricky-rude-ripoffs-Wilmin-276250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.