Complaint Review: Chase Bank

• Reported By: Paul — Mesa Arizona
Chase Bank
P.O. box 3347 Coppell, TX 75019-3347 Coppell, Texas USA

Chase Bank Chase payment assurance Coppell Texas

*Consumer Comment: file a complaint with the controller of currency

*General Comment: What you want...

Hello.Back in 2005 I obtained a home equity loan through Chase bank.They also sold me on their Assurance benefit package that stated if I lost my job they would take over my monthly payments for up to a year.My Chase sales guy stated unless I quit my job I would be fully covered.This coverage cost me $20 a month and I have been paying it since 2005.This past November 7th I lost my job of 19 years and 7 months.I was a tractor trailer driver and was fired over a seat belt warning.......not a ticket,just a warning.My new manager did not like me and was trying any way he could to get rid of me.I had a perfect driving record and perfect attendance for nearly 20 years.I filed a claim with Chase to start my benefits.After nearly 2 months of getting no answers from them I finally got them on the phone yesterday and they told me they are denying my benefits due to that I was fired for breaking a company policy.Well I never was cited for that seat belt issue and was falsly fired from my company.Chase states that if you are fired for breaking any company policy then you can not receive any benefits that you paid for.This is a scam.How else would anyone get fired other then breaking a company policy.I was told by my boss that I broke a company policy for the seat belt but I was never cited.......as I said he was just looking for any way to get rid of me because I was the highest paid and had 6 weeks of vacation.I am in financial distress right now because my company is fighting my unemployment claim and I have not received one nickel yet and Chase will not honor my benefits which I paid in for over 8 years now.Chase wants me to stop making payments on my loan and then they might modify it.I have steller credit and do not want to do this.All I want is the benefits I have been paying for these past 8+ years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2014 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Bank/Coppell-Texas-75019/Chase-Bank-Chase-payment-assurance-Coppell-Texas-1113671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Bank

file a complaint with the controller of currency

AUTHOR: tom - ()

I am not an attorney.  I things are better for you since 1/14.

I would file a complaint with the Controller of Currency.  Provide them the proof that it was a warning and any other paperwork.

I believe they can help you.  I would also try Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

20 years is a long time and there is no excuse for firing you for a warning.   I am sadden by the fact that they did this to you.

I wish you the best and God Bless You.

#2 General Comment

What you want...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

What you want is not obtainable in this fashion. They have already told you the WHY you cannot claim this. If it is in the body of your contract, there is nothing you can do except get another job. YOU have made an assumption based on limited information. Well it is unfortunate but it is what it is. YOU were fired for violating a company policy. That means that you cant get the insurance. The other way where it would be covered is terminated due to downsizing or let go due to cost cutting.

FYI: You should have SOME relief from your states labor board. ANY firing that is illegal MUST go through them. THEY can help you get your job back. As for Chase, sorry buddy but thats all they are going to do for you. Looking for assistance from a site like this tells EVERYONE who reads it that your just complaining to complain. The company has given you the WHY on your situation, problem is you just dont like what you heard and YOU want something different. It doesnt work that way. Chase is ONLY following the terms of YOUR contract and nothing more. And before you go on the next rant, you need to look at this from a position that is not YOUR position.

If YOU had to run a company would YOU pay EVERYONES claims?? No, you COULDNT!! YOU would be broke in two weeks. Lets step it down a bit and bring it closer to your situation. The body of your contract denies claims due to being fired for a company violation, WHY would you expect them to pay one red cent? I understand times are hard, but what you are asking them to do is IGNORE the contract that YOU signed and do for you when it is 100% against the terms of the contract. Other people would lose their jobs if they did this for you.

You are seeking charity where there is none available. Business is BUSINESS. As such even Chase can ONLY DO WHAT THEY ARE LEGALLY ALLOWED TO!!