Complaint Review: Chase FREEDOM CARD

• Submitted: Wed, May 16, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 16, 2007

• Reported By:McCalla,. Alabama
P O Box 94014 Palatine, Illinois U.S.A.

Chase FREEDOM CARD Ripoff I was totally stomped in a mud hole and hung out to dry by Chase Freedom Credit Card Company Palatine Illinois

Chase Freedom Credit Card is a SCAM. They offer 0 interest for over 12 months and then cause your payments to be posted late in order to withdraw the 0 interest and charge exorbant amounts of interest and late fees.

I applied for and received a card. I waited and waited for a statement that would let me know when my payment was due and how much I was expected to pay. I did not receive a staement at all the first month. As a result I did not know the due date for my payment. When I finally realized that I wasn't going to get one I called the company and was informed that I had lost my interest rate and owed one month's late fee. I realized then I had been scammed. I withdrew 3000.00 dollars from my investment account in order to pay off the card. I waited for two weeks and allowed time to make sure they had received my payment. Their response was that they had received the letter and envelope but was not sure if the check had been received. AND GUESS WHAT? IT WAS RECEIVED LATE!!!Are you surprised? I had mailed it on the 2nd of the month and they had received it on the 10th. 8 DAYS TO GO FROM ALABAMA TO ILLINOIS. kEEP IN MIND THAT I STILL HAD NOT RECEIVED A STAEMENT INFORMING ME OF MY DUE DATE.

I finally received one a day or so after I sent the check.Not having a statement is why I had an incorrect address. Now my check is in limbo. I had sent it to the wrong address and they apparently have no communication with other departments in the company. The communications department had sent them the envelope and letter BUT NO CHECK!!! They say it was probably returned to my bank. IMPECABLE ETHICS, EH?!?

McCalla,., Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2007 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-FREEDOM-CARD/Palatine-Illinois-60094-4014/Chase-FREEDOM-CARD-Ripoff-I-was-totally-stomped-in-a-mud-hole-and-hung-out-to-dry-by-Chase-248964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase FREEDOM CARD