Complaint Review: Chase Home Finance - National Recovery Group

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Chase Home Finance - National Recovery Group
P.O. Box 29595 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Chase Bank - Chase Home Finance - National Recovery Group Representative, Jaclyn Turner Came after me for a $70,000 debt that I had been told had been written off Phoenix Arizona

When I sold my house short in June 2008, my Realtor reached a verbal agreement with Chase Bank (which I had a second mortgage with) that I would pay them two payments, one of $7,500 and one of $3,000, and I would not be responsible for any verbal debt. However, my Realtor failed to get this in writing, probably because the people at Chase who drew up the contract were intentionally deceptive. The way they wrote it, the two payments only released the lien, and did not absolve me from the rest of the debt. So I thought everything was taken care of, only to have Chase come after me seeking $70,000 a few months after the sale. I ended up settling with Chase for $25,000, but that pretty much wiped out my retirement account.

I don't suppose there is a way to get my money back from Chase, since I did sign their deceptively worded document without understanding that the debt forgiveness was not in writing (that is my Realtor's fault for not making sure). But I intend to pursue action against my Realtor for negligence for not getting in writing everything that should have been gotten in writing.

And, I just wanted to report that Chase says one thing in a verbal contract and then breaks it in a sneaky fashion when it comes to writing the written contract. So they can go after people like me who can't afford to pay. This is detestable policy, and there should be some consequences for it.

Jennifer
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Home-Finance-National-Recovery-Group/Phoenix-Arizona-85038-9505/Chase-Bank-Chase-Home-Finance-National-Recovery-Group-Representative-Jaclyn-Turner-C-417967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Home Finance - National Recovery Group