Complaint Review: Chase Manhattan Mortgage - Chase Mortgage Group - JP Morgan & Chase - Chase Chem

• Submitted: Mon, July 26, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 26, 2004

• Reported By:LAS VEGAS Nevada
3415 Vision Drive Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Chase Bank, Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corp., Chase Mortgage Group, JP Morgan & Chase Co. Rip-off! Preditory Lending. Nationwide

Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corp. purchased our mortgage and the servicing of our mortgage on September 2,2002. In October 2002 I received a letter stating that they didn't have a record of Hazard Insurance. Our loan included Hazard Insurance,estimated county tax, and PMI.

On February 12,2003 I had made a large payment of $2052 as advised by a Chase Customer Service Rep. to bring my account current. But on my statement it shows a late fee charge on 2/15/03. In April 2003 I received an "Estimated Escrow Statement in which showed an increase of $200+ on my monthly mortgage payment. Immeadiately I called Chase and she told me when they purchased the loan there was a deficit in the escrow account. And also stating it was not my fault but she also told me my home was going into foreclosure as a result and yet didnt give me a reason!

I went through all the motions of trying to fix what was not my fault including having to file Bankruptcy which was dismissed before it went to the confirmation hearing.
The result was receiving a 5-day Unlawful Detainer saying I have to move! My lawyer didnt return my calls, Chase never did and my family and I suffered severely due to their incompitance. Please, if anyone has had the same problem with Chase, we need to file a class action lawsuit against them before anyone else has to go through this nightmare.

Rita
LAS VEGAS, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2004 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chase-Manhattan-Mortgage-Chase-Mortgage-Group-JP-Morgan-Chase-Chase-Chem/Columbus-Ohio-43219/Chase-Bank-Chase-Manhattan-Mortgage-Corp-Chase-Mortgage-Group-JP-Morgan-Chase-Co-Ri-100569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chase Manhattan Mortgage - Chase Mortgage Group - JP Morgan & Chase - Chase Chem