Complaint Review: Chatfield Stables

• Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: dhmachura — denver Colorado
Chatfield Stables
11500 North Roxborough Park Road Littleton, Colorado USA

Chatfield Stables This stable took $ 60 in cash that I made in good faith to reschedule a ride. I was told that I could reschedule. Littleton Colorado

Consumer's Original Complaint :

Misrepresentation of policy

I scheduled a ride at this stable and unfortunately had left my wallet at home.  I only had $ 70 in cash (they do not take credit cards) and they failed to inform me that I would have to pay $ 8 to enter the park.  I gave the $ 60 in cash, in good faith, to an employee who said I could reschedule the trip.  Upon calling the very unpleasant gentleman who manages this stable, he informed me that I could not reschedule the trip and that he would not refund me the $ 60 in cash I had given them.  Now I ask you, why would I give them $ 60 in cash as an apology.  Further, he informed me that they kept the money as they had prepared the horses.  I believe that equates to $ 30 per horse to put a saddle on it.  I would never have given them the money had I known this would happen.  If they wish to institute such a policy, I believe they would be better served to take deposits on their rides using a credit and/or debit card so they can keep the deposit should one not show up.  Their practices are clearly fraudulent and I emphasize, what person in their right mind would just hand over cash money when they could have merely left.  The manager is rude and uncooperative.  I am a single unemployed mother of one and wanted to treat my 12 year old to a nice time.  I would like a full refund from this stable.  The entire circumstances surrounding this unfortunate occurrence clearly evidence their poor business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chatfield-Stables/Littleton-Colorado-80125/Chatfield-Stables-This-stable-took-60-in-cash-that-I-made-in-good-faith-to-reschedule-a-1064340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chatfield Stables