• Report: #1102068

• Updated: Mon, November 25, 2013

• Reported By: Brian S. — Takoma Park Maryland
Cheapest Computer Fix
10111 Colesville Rd, Ste 113 Silver Spring, Maryland USA

Cheapest Computer Fix Gary S, Gurnish Singh Destroyed my computer during simple battery replacement Silver Spring Maryland

I brought my MacBook Pro laptop to Cheapest Computer Fix for a new battery. Gary S, aka Gurnish Singh, took way too long to do the repair and did additional damage in the process.

It took him 13 days to replace the battery and return my laptop. The industry standard for this work is 1-3 days. Instead of giving me a new battery, he gave me a refurbished battery.

He did additional damage to my computer. I had to bring my laptop to a different service provider to get it working again. During the entire experience, he was unprofessional.

Here is the long story:
On 03-19-13, I dropped off my laptop for a new battery. On 03-27-13, I called to cancel my battery replacement request due to extensive delay. I was told, "You still have to pay $185 dollars but you won't have a new battery."

On 04-01-13, I picked up my laptop and paid $185. I immediately noticed that the left "shift", "option," and "command" keys were no longer working. [continued below]....

..... All keys on the keyboard were working when I dropped it off on 03-19-13. I called Gary S. (aka Gurnish Singh). He said, "That damage could not have been done by them since they only touched the battery."

On 04-25-13, I brought my laptop to a third party repair store. They told me that the battery that is in the laptop has 346 cycles on it. A new battery should have 0 cycles. The replacement battery Cheapest Computer Fix put in my laptop is over 2 years old.

When they dissembled my laptop they found: (1) "A majority of internal screws were loose." (2) "Excessive pressure had been applied to the CD/DVD while it was previously removed from the computer" (3) "The keyboard was damaged by liquid" (4) The hard drive had failed. Given that a typical battery replacement takes 1-3 days and my battery replacement took more than 12 days, my computer was additionally damaged during the repair and badly covered-up.

Fixing the additional damage Cheapest Computer Fix cost me hundreds of dollars and I still have don't have a new battery in my laptop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2013 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheapest-Computer-Fix/Silver-Spring-Maryland-20901/Cheapest-Computer-Fix-Gary-S-Gurnish-Singh-Destroyed-my-computer-during-simple-battery-r-1102068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheapest Computer Fix