Complaint Review: cheaphumidors.com

• Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: Neil — North Hollywood California United States of America
cheaphumidors.com
Internet, Florida United States of America

cheaphumidors.com dishonored discount vouchers, overcharged for shipping, then canceled order when I complained Internet, Florida

*Author of original report: A new twist with each post...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Story has never changed

*Author of original report: Dave, why keep changing your story?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal

My first order with this company, and once I use the other voucher, my last!

I was brought to the site by a TIPPR coupon offer; the fine print said I could purchase two vouchers but nothing stated that I had to use the coupons on two separate orders. When I attempted to use the promotion the site offered no solutions, so I called the contact number listed only to be bounced around the automated system, then hung up on. Not a good start

When I called back I finally managed to get to a person who then transferred me to the Operations Manager. He was not only unhelpful, but argumentative and dismissive, telling me, I cant wave a magic wand and "We've done nothing wrong". Rather than simply manually fixing the problem and earning a customer for life, you have insured that once these vouchers are used I will NEVER do business here again.

To add insult to injury, the shipping charges are twice what they should be and when I offered a suggestion on this, he told me, "We don't do it that way..."

Charging $11 to ship a box of cigars is ridiculous. USPS Priority costs $5 and delivers in 3 days; UPS charges twice that and delivers in 7-10 days. Offer the option to your customers!

I typically purchase $1200 or more in cigars annually, almost exclusively through Thompson Cigar. They offer me options you don't such, as less than a full box quantity, so I don't have to spend over $100-200 to see if I like a different brand, style, size, or offering. I ALWAYS wait until they have a free shipping offer to order from Thompson, as times are hard and money is tight. When I saw that you had my favorite brand and style for less than their best price, I was very happy Until I actually tried to use your service!

How could my business have been earned today? Easy: Manually input the order and apply both vouchers to the total. Even if you couldn't use USPS for this order, offer to look into it for the future. Your price on the product I ordered is already LOWER than Thompson's, by more than 20%! Even with the higher shipping cost, you still would have beat their price!

In conclusion, a simple managerial prerogative to input the order and apply the vouchers would have fixed everything and I would have become a customer for life. Arguing and inability to manually deal with a serious customer service issue have cost you a new customer, and that customer will be telling all his cigar buddies not to do business with you either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2012 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cheaphumidorscom/Internet-Florida-/cheaphumidorscom-dishonored-discount-vouchers-overcharged-for-shipping-then-canceled-o-871372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cheaphumidors.com

A new twist with each post...

AUTHOR: Neil - (United States of America)

My business partner placed an order, just to use up the last voucher... And you cancelled her order too! She scoured your site for the lower priced shipping you claimed in your email to me (I kept it, so don't lie Dave), and while the USPS option has been added, it's still $11!

The voucher issue was a tiny thing. The lies, rudeness, and total lack of service are the problem! The worst part is that you still think it is about the missing "small print". And, btw, I placed the order with Thoimpson, who's price is now lower than yours.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Story has never changed

AUTHOR: Cheaphumidors.com - (United States of America)

This story is not 100% true.  The voucher you purchased clearly stated that it couldn't be used together.  We didn't make that rule.  The company you purchased it from had it written on their website.  You can't then blame us if you didn't read the information.  Further we never changed shipping prices.  We offer a variety of shipping options based on what the customer is ordering.  Some options like USPS might not be available if you order cigars.  Does that mean we can't ship cigars USPS, no.  It just means in our experience the service they offer isn't the best for the merchandise, and since we are responsible for the merchandise until you receive it, we want it to get there safely.

This issue is cleared up as you were refunded in full for your vouchers.

Dave, why keep changing your story?

AUTHOR: Neil - (United States of America)

The owner of cheaphumidors.com emailed me saying that they do offer a lower cost shipping than I was charged. I asked him why Drew, his operations manager told me they only use UPS, and his answer was, "Drew doesn't really know about that..."

I requested that I be credited for the overcharged shipping, and was told to cancel my order and re-do it (the voucher had already been charged). I told him to just fix the problem, and so he canceled the entire order! Of course, they still haven't issued a credit for the charges!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Cheaphumidors.com - (United States of America)

As the owner of Cheaphumidors, it is my intention to ensure you have a pleasant shopping experience.  The TIPPR coupon that you used stated in their terms and conditions of sale that only one coupon could be used at a time.  Unfortunately we did not design the coupon or the wording used, or how it was displayed to the customer.  If it was confusing then I apologize and would suggest that you contact TIPPR regarding their advertising practices.  We are happy to accept as many coupons as you purchased, but they must be used separately.

Regarding shipping, we charge what the delivery company charges us.  If we can send an item USPS then we will.  If it has to go Fedex or UPS, then that is how it is sent.  More is involved in shipping a package than the sheer weight of the item.