Complaint Review: cheapticket doing business with USAir

• Submitted: Wed, January 25, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 01, 2012

• Reported By: Fred — Buffalo New York United States of America
cheapticket doing business with USAir

cheapticket doing business with USAir Would not reimburse me for a friend's ticket I purchased, she wanted to visit her aunt before she died. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Airlines Don't Get Bailouts....

*Consumer Suggestion: Buy a Refundable Ticket

Cheap ticket and USAir would not reimburse me for a friend's ticket I purchased (she paid me) @4;20 OR 4:30 ON 1/22/12. My friend wanted to visit her beloved aunt (who loved her dear niece) before her aunt died, now it's too late her aunt died.

I tried to cancel ticket within 72 hrs. for a 2/13/12 departure but they had no mercy. they did however want to charge an additional change fee of $150 for a ticket that cost less than that.  I'm willing to tell 10,000 people who would tell 10 people of this response.

My friend is on welfare and I'm on SSD. I paid for this ticket through my debit card and she paid me. I can not afford to reimburse her (but I would love to) and neither can she afford it. However, Cheapticket and USAir can by booking this seat for another passenger and they have almost 3 weeks to do it.  But that would not be the good old USofA way, no they're too greedy and are willing to take advantage of every opportunity to prey on the most needy of people.

God willing this will not come between our short friendship. I'm willing to try and tell 100,000 people time 10 people @ $250 for a $2,500,000 shortfall.  Why do we allow our imperialistic government to bail out these companies only to pay for it through our taxes year after year till we die only for these companies to take advantage of us again and again. We the people need a lobbyist so airlines, banks, oil and auto industries and doctors, lawyers and such stop killing us.
We the people by the...CEO's. No, we the people will have a lobbyist if I have anything to say about it. I have a computer that can talk to millions of people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 11:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cheapticket-doing-business-with-USAir/internet/cheapticket-doing-business-with-USAir-Would-not-reimburse-me-for-a-friends-ticket-I-purc-828786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cheapticket doing business with USAir

Airlines Don't Get Bailouts....

AUTHOR: Jim S - (United States of America)

They generally go bankrupt, liked United, American, etc....  However, Karl gave you the best advice:  the only time you get a non-refundable ticket (and I wouldn't even do it then) is if your planning a vacation or trip, your certainty of going is 100%, and you have no plans to deviate from your plan.  I personally would NEVER purchase a non-refundable ticket - it doesn't matter the price.  The scenario you went through is exactly why I don't purchase a non-refundable ticket.

If buying a refundable ticket is too expensive, I would either figure out another way (like a train), or to simply not go.  The terms and conditions of the non-refundable ticket are pretty clear...so you may not like what happened, but I certainly don't fault US Air for what happened.  Personally, I flew US Air last summer, and they were pretty responsive to concerns I had with scheduling.  On the other hand, this sort of thing isn't consistent from person-to-person, so....??

Best of luck to you...

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Buy a Refundable Ticket

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

If the aunt was on the verge of death you should have purchased a refundable ticket. This is not 1970. Airline customer service is nil and they have no interest in your personal problems. With a refundable ticket (which costs more) you at least get your money back.