Complaint Review: Check Mate

• Updated: Sat, April 05, 2014

• Reported By: Rubie — West Linn Oregon
Check Mate
USA 4330 S Valley View Blvd, Ste 118 Las Vegas, NV, Nevada USA

Check Mate Instant Check Mate Scammers, small print additional charges, erroneous misleading information Las Vegas, Nevada

I went to Instant Check Mate to run a report on someone.  The information  in the report was information that I already had.  I did not realize that they charged additional for a "Premium" report.  The Premium report did have additional information but the information ( I have come to lern) was on others not the person I was doing the check on.  To verify if their informational source could perhaps be correct, thinking  because of  all the "'Warnings' on the graphic nature of the reports"  that one might receive, alluding to the correctness of their reports, I ran a check on myself.  This is when I realized that I was paying 90% of the original cost on a so-called "Premium" report.  Again, the "Premium" report had no additional information.  The information contained was false, misleading and even showed me as deceased.

I immediately called the company and cancelled the account within that hours time.  The money had not been deducated by my CU, however, my accounts show a results of "holds" of which I assume came as a result of CheckMate.

This company is very misleading and I bselieve that they collect information from wherever they can by any means and include other opeople with the same or similair names together.

They are intentionally misleading people for profit  and claiming to get their information from Court and Civil Records.  They are scammers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2014 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Check-Mate/Las-Vegas-NV-Nevada-89103-405/Check-Mate-Instant-Check-Mate-Scammers-small-print-additional-charges-erroneous-mislead-1136638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Check Mate