Complaint Review: Check Processing Bureau Legal Services, Ron Adams

• Submitted: Thu, November 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 06, 2008

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
Check Processing Bureau Legal Services, Ron Adams
130 Church Street Suite 276 New York, New York U.S.A.

CPB Or Check Processing Bureau Legal Services, Ron Adams I received a Notice of Criminal Check Fraud Recommendation, a prisoner in Arizona can not issue checks New York New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Sounds like a SCAM to me - potential identity theft ect. Try this website

My adult Son receives his mail at my residence, if it is something I can send to him I usually do that. However, he has been in prison for well over a year. All of a sudden this letter shows up saying he has committed check fraud in the state of Az and this was notice that criminal charges will be filed in Az as a felony and will become a part of his permanent record.

Ron Adams, even identified the supposed victim as Cigarettes Cheaper 1088 with a balance and again as Cigarettes Cheaper 0895 with an additional balance. Then a Total Amount Due of over $300.00. This entire letter is a figment of his imagination. He refuses to give info of dates this occurred.

I have made an effort to contact any Cigarettes Cheaper entities I could find and they could not substantiate the claim, or the numbers given. I will not be bullied by this guy, I have decided to contact him as often as he does me. I am not sure who to report his threat of reincarceration of my son, if I don't pay up before my son is released next year. Anyone have any ideas????

Phx, az
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2008 02:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Check-Processing-Bureau-Legal-Services-Ron-Adams/New-York-New-York-10007/CPB-Or-Check-Processing-Bureau-Legal-Services-Ron-Adams-I-received-a-Notice-of-Criminal-C-388466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Check Processing Bureau Legal Services, Ron Adams

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sounds like a SCAM to me - potential identity theft ect. Try this website

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

When they refuse to provide dates and details - its usually a scam.

www.budhibbs.com -you can at least get questions answered

you can also file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission.

Regardless - YOU personally cannot be held responsible for this, as they say it was your son who is responsible, not you. Questionable as it may be with him already in prison.

So they cannot force YOU to pay it.