Complaint Review: checkmate instant checkmate

• Updated: Fri, February 21, 2014

• Reported By: Julie — Conroe Texas
checkmate instant checkmate
, Select State/Province USA

checkmate instant checkmate Useless information and was charged reoccurring monthly fee of $22.86 after researching 1 person 1 time Las Vegas Nevada

On 1/17 I paid to research one person one time. When I noticed a second charge to my credit card on 2/17 for $22.86, I called the telephone number by the charge. I was told that I did not read the fine print when I paid to check on one person on 1/17. I was told that I somehow authorized a monthly unlimited usage agreement and would be charged $22.86. When I replied that was NOT what I authorized, I was told the company would today cancel my subscripton, but too bad, I will not be credited for the 2/17 charge, and I get to use the service until March. I said I do not want to use your service. I said I am reporting you online and will dispute with my credit card company. Do not give this company a cent. There are more legitimate companies on the internet if you want to find detailed information about a person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/checkmate-instant-checkmate/Select-StateProvince/checkmate-instant-checkmate-Useless-information-and-was-charged-reoccurring-monthly-fee-o-1125421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on checkmate instant checkmate