Complaint Review: Cherokee Auto Sales

• Reported By: Tanya — Georgia
Cherokee Auto Sales
6508 Hwy 92 Acworth, Georgia USA

Cherokee Auto Sales Disreputable, BAD business, lemon cars Acworth Georgia

*Consumer Comment: I"ve hired a atty to sue cherokee auto want you to follow suite

*Consumer Comment: A Bit Curious

Recently, I saw a Cherokee Auto Sales online advertisement for a Blue 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder selling for $5,995.  I test drove the vehicle and took it to a mechanic for a diagnostic.

I agreed to purchase the vehicle and when the contract was presented to me, it had a sales price of $7,400.  I asked the salesman why the price was not showing as $5,995.  He said it was because my credit was poor and fees were added to the price due to the risk they were taking. I did not know any better and accepted his explanation.  He also added several other fees as additional fees such as a $498 “Doc fee.”

I have since found out that they can't do that and it is illegal.  So, I have reported them.  In addition, they sold me a car that can't pass inspection.  They disabled the check engine light, so when I got a mechanic to do the diagnostic, they did not see a problem. Less than a week after I bought the car, the check engine light came on and when I took it to the mechanic they said it's the catalytic converter and the dealership sold me a car that won't pass inspection.

I informed Cherokee Auto Sales about this and they agreed to order a catalytic converter and split the cost with me. The threatened me that I better still pay them the rest of the down payment (pickup payment). Long story short....regardless of repeated attempts, they have not held up to that bargain.  This dealership is VERY crooked and should be investigated, fined, and shutdown. I have reported them to several government agencies and they all agree that I have been scammed and are investigating this dealership on my behalf.

DO NOT do business with this dealership. If you already have, then I suggest you report them to the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs.  They have a website that guides you through filing a complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cherokee-Auto-Sales/Acworth-Georgia-30102/Cherokee-Auto-Sales-Disreputable-BAD-business-lemon-cars-Acworth-Georgia-1089015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cherokee Auto Sales

I"ve hired a atty to sue cherokee auto want you to follow suite

AUTHOR: redeagle3 - ()

I bought a car also,from these fraud artist,i believe i and i have same insurence company....I wish for you file a lawsuite also with norcross law firm,let's sut them down and send them to prison,only 16 day's left and our case will be filed in state and or federal court for 20,000-30,000--------------Jamey if your reading this you may be a broke man soon-------------consumer talk to insurence they'll arrange for a contact.

A Bit Curious

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You saw all these OBVIOUS problems but you bought the car anyway.  Which one of those guys held the gun to your head?