Complaint Review: cherry valley lakes rv resort

• Submitted: Mon, November 14, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, November 14, 2011

• Reported By: messed up — hemet California United States of America
cherry valley lakes rv resort
36805 Brookside Ave. Beamont, California United States of America

cherry valley lakes rv resort colorado river adventures I was poisoned with a chemical herbicide while volunteering with help at the rv park Beamont, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Volunteering can be dangerious !

*UPDATE Employee: Care and Compensation Has Been Given

I was a voluteer member at Cherry valley lakes rv resort. The manager had me sraying weeds with a herbicide that was wrongly mixed & very toxic. I was not given any protective clothing or a respirator or any safety instructions. several times the strong winds blew  the poison all over me incuding in my face & nostrils it made me very sick several tmes over a period of a month or so. I had asked the manager several times for a respriator & told him that made me very sick. He just ignored me. The last time I spayed it made me so sick I had to call 911 & the ambulance came & rushed me to the hospital. In total I had to visit the emergency room 4 different times & follow up at a local clinic. Iam still having  breathing problems. The corporate office at Emerald Cove resort in Az. basically ignored my situaton. I feel that I have been treated very unfairly, & have suffered with my health.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2011 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cherry-valley-lakes-rv-resort/Beamont-California-/cherry-valley-lakes-rv-resort-colorado-river-adventures-I-was-poisoned-with-a-chemical-her-798029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cherry valley lakes rv resort

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Volunteering can be dangerious !

AUTHOR: Ben Screwed - ()

As a former employee at the time of Mike's injuryI find it interesting that management would say that they acted properly and that Mike recieved proper medical services , when in fact they just turn in his claim to workers insurance , which was denied because of his being a volunteer, after whick they refused to give him papers to file a claim with their liability insurance because of the fine print in the contract that says  you use the park at your own risk!.

Now that would be ok if it weren't for the fact that the Mgr at that time NICK RIVERO, instructed another volunteer to mix a double batch of the weed killer, (really going to kill those sucker weeds), which would have ment that the mixture was mixed with 30 gollons of water , the container they were usingh was only 15 gal. cap.    This clearly was against the warning on the box from the manufacture.

This produce a highly toxtic mixture , and then told Mike to go and spray .    Management say's they are sorry they didn't have the protective clothing ( thay Cal-Osha rules state they must provide them and the breathing masks also) . Its not the responsiability of the volunteer to go out and supply their own.

Then Mgr, stated he was faking it , and just blew him off as a trouble maker .

Over $8,000.00 later in medical expences , the hospital collection co. is still trying to collect from him.  and also the collection dept , from CRA also is trying to collect his past due membership fee's.

Care and Compensation Has Been Given

AUTHOR: Colorado River Adventures - ()

Even though this complaint is anonymous, I am familiar with the situation. If the claim of ignoring the requests for protective clothing, etc. was indeed ignored, I apologize. The maintenance staff at all of our parks sprays with herbicide (weed killer) and do not wear protective clothing. I am not sure why we wouldnt supply a mask of some sort as they are available at any Wal-mart or drug store. The complainant could have purchased one himself.

That being said, this case was turned into a workers comp case and thus the complainant was afforded all care and compensation he was due.