Complaint Review: CHFA

• Reported By: CO1981 — Brighton Colorado
CHFA
1 Corporate Dr. Suite 360 Lake Zurich, Illinois USA

CHFA Incompetence at its highest, misuse of funds Lake Zurich Illinois

I am a new homeowner (6 months) and take pride in this by paying my bills on time. Our mortgage started with Cornerstone and then went to CHFA. I have had numerous issues with CHFA and misuse of checks that have been applied to the wrong accounts.

I have two mortgages, but my second mortgage is only $28.41 yet my house payment of almost $1400 was applied to this mortgage even though that account is on auto draft. I was not receiving statements for my house payment so put two account numbers on my check and on a letter I enclosed with my check. Well rather than using a little common sense they applied the check to the wrong account. Why would I pay over $1000 to an account I only owe $28.41 on and then not pay my mortage? I received a collections call this evening which is how I determined the problem.

I also had issues with checks being cleared and then CHFA calling me to say I hadn't paid even though I had proof from my bank that no check was bounced and all had cleared. It is soon to refinance or I would just to get a different mortage company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHFA/Lake-Zurich-Illinois-60047/CHFA-Incompetence-at-its-highest-misuse-of-funds-Lake-Zurich-Illinois-1100430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHFA