begun

Complaint Review: chico and son's concrete

• Submitted: Thu, July 08, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: Chris — Big Spring Texas United States of America
chico and son's concrete
621 sgt paradez big spring, Texas United States of America

chico and son's concrete Fred Rubio Destroyed the House, Took the money and ran. big spring, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 100% Correct Complaint

On 5/25/10 I contracted Fred Rubio of Chico and Son's concrete to stucco my house and outbuilding, replace 5 doors and all of my windows. He subcontracted the doors and windows to a different carpenter.

After 43 days and a continued effort to even get them to show up to do the work they've walked off without completion and left us with a total disaster.  We've paid them $13,500, about 75% of the money, and they've not even completed half of the work.

Here's what we've been left with:

A carport that's caving in.
Cut phone lines
Cut cable lines
Exposed electricity that he should have NEVER touched in the first place
1 layer of stucco (requires 3 layers) on part of the exterior walls

They used our nails, shop vac and tools.  They broke some furniture on the inside of the house.  More than once they used our patio chairs as ladders.  They left their trash from meals in the yard even after we provided them with a big trash can for all of that.  At one time we had 2 flat tires laying in our backyard!   ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

While replacing the windows, they would pull the window and leave the area open for days at a time before installing the new one.   One of the doors has been installed incorrectly and leaks air worse than the original doors that were put in during the 1950's when the house was built.

They used a saw to cut the metal lathe for the stucco but they used it on our concrete patio to which they sawed into.  They then moved it onto our back yard patio table and sawed into that as well.

Over the 43 days they put in a total of about 40 hours.  On average an hour a day. But most days the didn't even bother to show up. They won't return phone calls, either.

On their last day here both Fred and I agreed to go our seperate ways and he agreed to refund us $6,000.  He's never been by to do that and, again, he won't return phone calls. On this day he screamed, cussed and threatened me physically because I called him a liar, thief and a coward.

Additionally, after some research over the last 2 days, I've discovered that Fred Rubio of Chico and Sons has pulled this scam on over 8 people.  One is an elderly widowed woman and I am a disabled vet.

Under no circumstances should you hire Chico and Sons to do ANY work for you.  He is simply there to steal your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2010 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/chico-and-sons-concrete/big-spring-Texas-79720/chico-and-sons-concrete-Fred-Rubio-Destroyed-the-House-Took-the-money-and-ran-big-sprin-621648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on chico and son's concrete

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

100% Correct Complaint

AUTHOR: Al Olmstead - (United States of America)

I am the only legally registered owner of the business name Chico & Sons Concrete.

Fred Rubio is a notorious fraud (the Howard County Sheriff Department's word, not mine) and nothing more than a common thief who has stolen thousands from Big Spring residents over the years.

His brother, Ysa, is literally imbecilic, unable to remember longer than one or two minutes and unable to solve basic problems such as how to align objects in a straight line.

Fred's son, also named Fred, works for the City of Big Spring and, as I am now reporting to the City Attorney, appears to serve as the "bag man" who delivers kickback payoffs to city officials who are supposed to supervise tradesmen.

I am presently preparing legal action and want to hear from anyone cheated by this tribe of career criminals. Contact me at:

Al Olmstead Owner ChicoAndSonsConcrete@GMail.com POB 3261, Big Spring, Texas 79721 432-517-2089