Complaint Review: child save canada

• Submitted: Thu, December 24, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Screwed01 — Calgary Alberta Canada
child save canada

child save canada Child Save Canada POOR Customer Service and PRESSURE Sales Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Re: Childsave Complaint

My family and I were at a shopping mall when we literally got bombarded by these friendly sales people.  They were complimenting us on how cute our children were, and how their safety is everything, blah, blah, blah.  They were so swift and so quick to have us sign up for this "Child safety registry" that we didn't have time to read the contract.  They were sticking stickers everywhere possible and telling us this was the best thing (or maybe the best thing is just to call 9-1-1 if your child goes missing).  When I got home, I got the chance to read the contract and take a breath from all of that pressure sales, that this registry was really just an extra step instead of calling 9-1-1 directly.  You can read all about this registry, but for us, it was not the right program.  Having worked in several police stations, the easiest thing and most knowledgeable thing to do if your child goes missing is to call the cops.  Not this registry, and then they call the cops for you.  Duh.

They were quick to process the payment on our credit card (as most businesses do).  When I called within the said 48 hour period to cancel our contract, they were quick to call back and offer 3 months free no charge and to re-visit the program again in the new year.  Again, another tactic to keep the sales.  I then called back to say we decided not to go with it and would like our money back.  I left a message twice, and e-mailed and nobody returned my call.  I finally contacted the wonderful Better Business Bureau of Ontario and noted that this Child Save Canada has a C Rating (similar complaints of not refunding money).

Only when the BBB contacted them did I receive a call.  They said that the refund would take place three weeks after the time that they placed the charges on my credit card.  It doesn't take three weeks to credit a credit card.  It should take no longer than 2 business days.  E-mails were exchanged between the BBB, the company, and myself.  I have sent off their package as they had requested, and they sent me this e-mail:

Credit is done PLEASE SEND KIT BACK. If you read your signed agreement you will notice you are not entitled to a credit until the Kit is sent back.

Your credit has been done, it can take a day or two to show on your card. Phone American Express they will advise of your credit.

We have done our best for you, if this is not satisfactory,  well.. some people you just cant help.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Michael

Child Save Customer Service

515 - 18 Wynford Drive

Toronto ON M3C 3S2

1-800-409-4600

I have found this e-mail to be quite unprofessional and unbusinesslike.  Its been three weeks and I still have not seen a credit on my card, and I called American Express and they have notified me that there is nothing on my card as of yet.

I would not recommend this company to anybody who has children.  Just call the police directly.  This company is a joke, just like trying to get a refund back from them is a joke.  Please feel free to check out the BBB on this company - bad rating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2009 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/child-save-canada/internet/child-save-canada-Child-Save-Canada-POOR-Customer-Service-and-PRESSURE-Sales-Internet-544996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on child save canada

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Re: Childsave Complaint

AUTHOR: Childsave Canada - (United States of America)

The user in the above complaint modified the email we sent, we did not include the following sentence... "We have done our best for you, if this is not satisfactory,  well.. some people you just cant help." was added where a space was between the body of the email and our warm wishing for a Merry Christmas and happy new year.  We also did not caps lock to send back the kit.

It is important when reading blogs to understand anyone can post anything about anybody without and proof to back themselves up.  We at Childsave always advice anyone to check out an organization with the BBB.  The BBB unlike blogs will always check into the complaint to ensure it's valid before tarnishing a companies reputation.

I would also advise anyone viewing anything on this site to ignore it or at least second guess it.  The only way to remove any bad feedback on Ripoff Report is to pay them $2,000.

It was posted we have a C rating with the BBB, this is also untrue as we've had an A rating for many years.

Copy the link below to see our rating with the BBB.

Hope this helps.