Complaint Review: Childhood Dreams & Designs

• Updated: Thu, January 16, 2014

• Reported By: Danielle — Connecticut
Childhood Dreams & Designs
899 3rd St Phillipsburgh, Kansas USA

Childhood Dreams & Designs Blatant liars with dishonest business practice Phillipsburgh Kansas

On November 8th I ordered a size 7 Laura Dare Christmas night gown for my daughter for Christmas. I was happy to find somone that sold this exact gown to replace one she received from grandma last Christmas (size4/5). These were her favorite pajamas ever, she squeezed into them nightly but would not give them up.

I placed the order for a size 7 which was a listed option on the website at that time. I received the order over two weeks later. When I opened the package the first thing I did was check to confirm I received the correct size. What I found was the bottom 1/8th inch of the size tag intentionally cut off to remove the size number. I emailed stating what I had found only to be given a Blatant lie for a response. I was told it was the last one in stock and they cut the tag to remind them to order more? Really, I wasn't born yesterday. I asked to exchange the item and the responses stopped coming.

What really happened was they removed the size from a 6x gown to pawn it off as a size 7. They also updated the size options on the website and sizes 7-9 are no longer listed for this gown. I mean, why lie? If an item you listed on your website is discontinued, sold out or was listed in error, just contact me and give me options? Why be deceitful and the lie when called out? In summary they didn't send what was ordered, lied about the situation and failed to respond when given the chance to make it right. Bad business practices for a bad business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 01:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Childhood-Dreams-Designs/Phillipsburgh-Kansas-67661/Childhood-Dreams-Designs-Blatant-liars-with-dishonest-business-practice-Phillipsburgh-1115943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Childhood Dreams & Designs