Complaint Review: children protection services

• Updated: Sat, July 27, 2013

• Reported By: sahsah — Santa Rosa California
children protection services
1747 copperhill pkwy Santa Rosa, California USA

children protection services CPS took step children on false allegations and have a box full of documents to prove it Santa Rosa California

We discovered some issues with my step kids in 2010 shortly after the kids came to live with my husband and me. The children told us that a boy in a shelter when living there with their mom had sexually abused them on top of their mom telling the kids they didn't have to listen to me and for them to not like me. They loved me very much but didn't want to hurt her feelings.

My husband and her went to court and supervised visits were set up for her. When she realized she was going to have to pay for the visits she took us back to court. The day of court my husband was at the hospital with phenomena so she was granted joint unsupervised. We went back to court and the family law judge refused to listen and so we were left with no choice but to file a CPS report against her.

I switched them immediately from a family therapist to one who specialized in sexual abuse counselling. [continued below]....

..... The worker who came out determined that the kids were safe in our care and then asked if we wanted to open a voluntary case so we could create a safety plan while in the care of their mom. We did this because we had nothing to hide.

We found out a week later a family member had also touched them, so we had to file a police report (the hardest discussion my husband had to make). We had to to protect them all from any future harm. The worker at the interview decided she was going to come up with false information in order to obtain a warrant and came and got the kids.

My step son was ordered after much fear from the case workers and now his aunt, temporary guardianship to my sister in law. My step daughter was ordered to return home by July but after the new worker came on the case (without meeting with my husband and me) that she was going to adopt her out, disregarding the court order. Her decision came the day after my husband requested(for the 3rd time) all the reports from them on the case and a written letter stating our concerns with our daughter sleeping in bed with a hired professional to give respite care to the foster parents and being able to continue spending time with a woman who has had anger outburst on multiple occasions, including flipping out on our landlord with our daughter in the car, which now has caused our landlord to put up a sign and surveillance cameras to make sure only tenants pull up in the driveway. We were blamed and lost home visits with our child.

I have a moving box full of proof that they were taken unjustly and need help and prayer for our children to be returned back to a loving safe home and parents. God bless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/children-protection-services/Santa-Rosa-California-95403-8243/children-protection-services-CPS-took-step-children-on-false-allegations-and-have-a-box-f-1070588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on children protection services