Complaint Review: Chip Magic

• Updated: Sun, April 20, 2014

• Reported By: Justin — Littleton Colorado
Chip Magic
5366 South Bannock St, Englewood, Colorado USA

Chip Magic, Jefferey Wellers Little Girl Accessories Jeffrey Weller is beligerent, uncooperative and threatening Englewood Colorado

*Author of original report: Jeff Weller is mentally unstable

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Police? Really?

*Author of original report: IT IS INTERESTING THAT THE REBUTTAL IS CLEARLY NOT ABOUT MY REPORT...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We have thousands of very happy customers

*Author of original report: Chip Magic's Jeff Weller threatened to call the police?

I entered this shop intent on obtaining a custom paint job for my classic muscle car.  Upon entering, I was greeted by an elderly gentleman, who identified himself as Jeff Weller.  Immediately, I noticed that something was wrong with him.  He couldn't keep his thoughts straight, and kept repeating himself over and over.  I tried to explain what I was looking for, and he was just all over the place.  My vehicle is worth 70-100K, so I am sensitive to who touches it, and after a few minutes with this person, I realized that I would not feel safe leaving my car with him.

As a compassionate man, I asked him if he was OK, and he became very aggressive and threatening.  This was peculiar, because he is an elderly, small man, and I am a very large younger man...  He literally threatened to kick my a**...  I started laughing at him, and he literally walked towards me.  I smacked my hands together in front of him as he approached me and he seemed to literally wake up.  He stopped his approach and headed towards the door of his shop.  We had been in the parking lot in front of his very small shop looking at my car...

I decided that I would never go there again, and would never let any of my friends go there either.  This report is for those of you considering this shop with the owner, who has likely inhaled too many paint fumes.  How very sad for him...  I will never forget the words that came out of that little, old mans mouth...  Unbelievable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2014 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chip-Magic/Englewood-Colorado-80120/Chip-Magic-Jefferey-Wellers-Little-Girl-Accessories-Jeffrey-Weller-is-beligerent-uncoo-1139571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chip Magic

Jeff Weller is mentally unstable

AUTHOR: Justin Jennings - ()

All I can tell you is what happened to me.  I know that paint fumes can create a very harmful environment.  I do invite anyone to visit this shop.  You will see that Jeff Weller is mentally unbalanced, forgetful, and generally incoherent.  When he nearly attacked me, and got himself hurt very badly that day, it was and is my intention to warn people not to go to his shop.  He is capable of violence (or getting beat up), but just as importantly, can barely remember his name.  His mind is gone...  DO NOT let him damage your hard earned investment.

I personally would not let this "loose cannon" washmy  car, if I were watching him.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Police? Really?

AUTHOR: Response - ()

The only reason I call the police is to cover me in case some mentally unstable person threatens me, my family, or friends. it appears that this person has called multiple times and has threatened me. If you want REAL customers that we have worked with for over twelve years just ask and we can provide references. Our customers have won over 150 paint awards for the quality work we do. One customer has brought in his entire family and relatives cars and over the years has over sixty different repairs done with us. If we did not do quality work he would not keep coming back.

Jeff

IT IS INTERESTING THAT THE REBUTTAL IS CLEARLY NOT ABOUT MY REPORT...

AUTHOR: Justin Jennings - ()

The interesting part about this odd individual's rebuttal is that he is clearly talking about another incident...  His rebuttal does not match my report.  That and his bizarre reference to my language and grammar make no sense, (both are "flawless", as is this update.) and just further indicates that this is a delusional (again, probably from the years of paint fumes) old man.  Im just thrilled that Rip Off Report stays with his name forever.  He may have done good work in the past, but the public needed to be warned about who he is now...

Perhaps if this individual allows someone to read the report to him, that is not in a haze from the years of inhaling paint fumes he will come up with a better rebuttal...

I could outsource my painting and other things, and then place their work on my web site and beyond too, but that does not make me an award winning paint shop.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We have thousands of very happy customers

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

I would suggest that you just look at the grammar, language, and tone of this individual as that should tell you everything you need to make an informed opinion.

I was not even going to address this rant because this person wanted a very expensive job but only wanted to pay a small amount for it. I simply stated that this was only the second job in over twelve years that I was not interested in taking on. I was polite but firm and he did not like that I refused to do his job.

I would direct you to some of my reviews at chipmagic.biz/customer_letters.html

These are just a few of the letters. We get letters almost weekly and we even get tips, which is unheard of and we never asked for.

We have also won over 77 major paint and custom awards. I could point to the hundreds of repeat customers but one stands out in particular. The customer I am referring to has brought us over 50 vehicles from his family and friends and of course his own cars as well.

We recently worked on a $300,000.00 1971 'Cuda Hemi Convertible and yet another happy customer.

Thanks for listening to my side and hope to hear from you if you ever need custom work, paint, or collision. We are also one of the few shops that will also paint furniture. We have done projects for Landry's Ocean Discovery, the Hilton Hotel in Downtown Denver, and many others as well. Oh, and least I forget, we also do custom motorcycle paint and have won many awards there also.

Our reputation speaks for itself.

Chip Magic's Jeff Weller threatened to call the police?

AUTHOR: Justin - ()

This guys is a piece of work.  He threatens me, and because he is now embarassed, he is threatenining to call the police.  Let him.