Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty
1090 King George Post Road, Bldg 10 Edison, New Jersey USA

Choice Home Warranty Gives Home Warranty Companies a Bad Name Edison New Jersey

*Author of original report: What a Surprise

I signed up with Choice in November 2013. At that time i was looking at three companies. I admit that I fell for the slick sales pitch that is Choice  Home Warranty. The first month was a waiting period with no coverage. Two weeks after the waiting period wasover my heating unit failed. After Choice could not find a vendor to repair my heater, they told me to find a vendor subject to reimbursement. My first call to a servicer from yhe web produced a repairman. He was at my house the day after Christmas and diagnosed the proble as a bad circuit board.

The visit cost me $80.00 which was supposed to be reimbursed. The estimate was called in to Choice a few days later. I was the cost of the warranty. Choice denied the claim and explained to me that my house has several zones of heating and airconditioning. This is the case with every house in my neighborhood. I immediately requested cancelation and a refund since this warranty was useless to me. Thsy curtly agreed to cancel the warranty but would charge me nearly $100.00 for early cancelation. Early cancelation of a contract that connot service my home.

When I accepted the service i gave the representative a description of my home and all appliances. He failed to tell me that the warranty was not for my house but at cancellation i was told that i could upgrade to a more expensive warranty. I truly hope that this is read by prospective warranty clients so that they can save $100.00 choosing the wrong company. I now will go to the Better Business Bureau of Edison and any consumer protection agency for the State of New Jersey. With a Governor like Christie I sure it exist to help those in need.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Choice-Home-Warranty-Gives-Home-Warranty-Companies-a-Bad-Name-Edison-New-Jersey-1113215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty

What a Surprise

AUTHOR: Chuck - ()

Today I checked my credit card account and found that Choice Home Warranty had refunded !00% of what their warranty cost me. Part of the problem.