Complaint Review: Choice Home Warranty

• Reported By: Tamara L — Lakeland Florida
Choice Home Warranty
1090 King Georges Post Rd Edison, New Jersey USA

Choice Home Warranty Refuses to cover AC unit Edison New Jersey

*Author of original report: Happy customer

*Consumer Comment: Are they following the terms of the WRITTEN agreement?

I received an email in Feb 2014 from Choice Home Warranty service advertising their home warranty. I requested a quote and their yearly rate and service fee was cheaper than my current warranty company.  I decided to go with them.  Bad idea.  My warranty was effective on March 10, 2014.  On April 7th I submitted a claim as my AC was not working.  The repair man said the condensor was bad and submitted the info to Choice Home Warranty.

I called them to see what the status of my claim was, I was told that it was denied.  I have talked to two different supervisors (so they say they are) and today I called back and asked to talk to a supervisor and I got Alex on the line.  He was very rude and said that under no circumstances would my AC be covered.  I asked to speak to someone higher up and he said that it would not matter as they would tell me the same thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2014 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Home-Warranty/Edison-New-Jersey-08837/Choice-Home-Warranty-Refuses-to-cover-AC-unit-Edison-New-Jersey-1137463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Home Warranty

Happy customer

AUTHOR: Tamara L - ()

I received a very nice call from Russ and he was able to go up the chain and get the approval for the repair of my AC unit.  And Ken, I purchased the warranty in Feb and waited the 30 days for my contract to be effective on March 10th, I filed a claim on April 4th.  I had used my ac two weeks prior to this date and it was working fine. how was I to know the compressor was going to go out on it? Anyway they are fixing the problem.

Are they following the terms of the WRITTEN agreement?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

What reason did they give for NOT covering your AC?  You did ask right and just "forgot" to mention it here.

Let me guess, there is a period of time required between purchasing a policy and filing a major claim on it...right?

This is done to prevent fraud by customers.

I personally, don't think these types of policys are a good idea, but a buyer IS bound by the terms of the agreement.

I challenge you to come back here and TRUTHFULLY tell why they denied your claim.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC