Complaint Review: choice home warranty

• Reported By: mjdang — Ashland City Tennessee
choice home warranty
1090 king georges post rd edison, New Jersey USA

choice home warranty rip off, scammers edison New Jersey

This company is a joke. I'm convinced they are scammers and ripoff artists. I signed up for their home warranty program and after the initial sign up period, I started having an issue with my stove top. A couple of days later, I called to file a claim. They sent a repairman out and when he got to my house, he simply eye balled my stove and said "I think it's this, I'll start here and go from there." He never took any tools out to check anything. He called me the next day and stated that the warranty company was going to offer me a buy out, as my stove is 25 yrs old and would likely cost alot to fix. The following day, I receive a call from the warranty company stating that the repairman told them there were several things wrong with it, so they were not going to cover it. They said that they didn't believe my stove just started acting up and it was a  pre-existing condition, as all the things wrong with it, according to the repairman couldn't have just happened. The supervisor told me that they have lots of people trying to scam them, so that's why my claim was denied. How ridiculous is that? An appliance stops working when it stops working, it doesn't make plans or schedule a breakdown. They did  agree to reimburse me for one months payment, but refused the rest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2014 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/choice-home-warranty/edison-New-Jersey-08837/choice-home-warranty-rip-off-scammers-edison-New-Jersey-1114387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on choice home warranty