Complaint Review: CHOICE HOME WARRANTY

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: KKG — Oak Brook Illinois United States of America
CHOICE HOME WARRANTY
Internet, New Jersey United States of America

CHOICE HOME WARRANTY IT IS A SCAM - THEY DON't WANT TO COVER ANYTHING. 3/4 CLAIMS ARE DENIED Internet, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Choice Home Warranty does not reimburse

It is a total RIPOFF to buy warranty from this company i.e Choice Home Warranty. They only want your money and won't pay out any claims. Any time you report a claim, they are looking for reasons to deny your claim irrespective of whether it is covered item or a non covered item. I had to fight for every claim and only got them to pay 1/4 claims on an average. I had a problem with my AC and CHW sent a service agent who found a leak in the Freon and so they filled the Freon. A month later the AC quit working again and they sent the same agent again who was instructed to just fill Freon again when he reported to them that the problem is a coil that needs to be replaced because it was leaking. They filled it again and then a week later the AC quit working again. So I contacted CHW for the 3rd time and now they say that they won't cover the repair because it is a preexisting problem which is bullshit. They didn't want to cover it because it costs $2100. I owned this house for the last 3.5 years and didn't have any problem with my AC all along and now they don't want to cover it because it is a preexisting problem even though the service agent that came out to the house reported to them that the AC is in good working condition and had no other problem. Overall I would say it is absolute waste of time to get warranty from Choice Home Warranty. I was so frustrated and wanted to cancel the policy and at that point they say that they would charge me all the months that I was with them which at that point was about 5 months + the repairs they paid for and a $50 penalty which added up to be a little bit over my annual premium and so didn't want to pay me back anything. All in all I guess I didn't loose money but it was 5 months of frustration and agitation that I had to deal with rather than peace of mind as they advertise. They advertise to get their warranty and forget about repairs but what it is is that you buy the warranty and should forget about that money you paid them

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHOICE-HOME-WARRANTY/Internet-New-Jersey-/CHOICE-HOME-WARRANTY-IT-IS-A-SCAM-THEY-DONt-WANT-TO-COVER-ANYTHING-34-CLAIMS-ARE-DEN-951017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHOICE HOME WARRANTY

Choice Home Warranty does not reimburse

AUTHOR: karen - (United States of America)

I too had a horrible experience with Choice Home- it was such a scam.  Their customer service reps must be counseled to state the case has been closed the minute you call since every single rep I called used that phrase in the first minute of the call.  When I pushed them to look further they would then read the notes and we'd start a conversation.  They had me chase them for 9 months to get payment then said my case was closed and refused to reimburse me.  They had me fill out a form and I got authorization in February and after 10 calls, emails and faxes of all documents (about 3 hours all told with getting shuttled around to various departments), I was told the case was closed and they were not going to reimburse me a penny.  One customer service rep put me on hold for 29 minutes until I got tired and hung up and had to redial and start over. Their reps are unpleasant and unhelpful.  I am always cheery when I start a call as I know their jobs must be hard- these people all were so unkind and uncaring, after months of inaction and shuttling me around for a $400 reimbursement, I was agitated the moment I dialed their number, knowing it was to be a battle.

After 9 months, I have finally given up and just notified the Better Business Bureau.  Be warned- this company is unethical and will do anything they can not to reimburse you for repairs they ask you to pay for.  My current company, First American is amazing- they pay the repairmen up front and do it cheerfully and promptly!