• Report: #912043

• Updated: Sat, July 14, 2012

• Reported By: Hautedawg — Prairie Village Kansas United States of America
Choice Hotels
KCI Airport, Kasnas City MO Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

Choice Hotels Econo Lodge rip off, scams and bait and switch Kansas City, Missouri

Tried to get the "internet rate" from hotel of $40/night.  Was told it was wrong and it was $100 plus $4/day to park.  I advised them of the rate, and was told I didn't know what I was talking about, that it was $100 plus the parking fee.  Booked it, thinking I could cancel.

When I tried to cancel, was routed to an offshore call center.  The call center was focused on selling me a "free" coupon  book for $10, and called me an idiot, stupid and "retarded" when I refused to buy the "free" book.  I advised I simply wanted to cancel the reservation.  Was told I would need to call, and I quote, "1-800-555-1212".  This is a fake number by the way.

I finally got hold of someone at corporate that knew what was going on, canceled the reservation.  The fee showed up on my credit card.  Now disputing the bill with credit card company     and am fighting with Choice Hotel Group regarding the attempted conversion/fraudulent charges.

DO NOT USE ANY CHOICE HOTEL.  This specific hotel, as I have come to find out, is known for drugs, prostitution and bed bugs/lice.  I guess this is what they mean by "pet friendly"...those little bugs adn drugs are their pets.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2012 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Choice-Hotels/Kansas-City-Missouri-/Choice-Hotels-Econo-Lodge-rip-off-scams-and-bait-and-switch-Kansas-City-Missouri-912043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Choice Hotels