Complaint Review: Chrisco Hampers - Santas Choice

• Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:chilliwack British Columbia
Chrisco Hampers - Santas Choice
http://www.santaschoice.ca Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Chrisco Hampers - Santas Choice Chrisco is Expencive, and they send you expired food... Scarborough Ontario

*Consumer Comment: I agree with the comment

*UPDATE Employee: Clarification on Frozen/Dated Products

Hi, I am a young lady with a huge complaint. I was so excited to order from Chrisco for the first time ever, and I received my stuff, was excited to go through everything, and made sure everything was there.... I got home put all my meats in the freezer, put all my dry foods away.... my order ended up totalling over $1200.00. I could have had a great christmas with that... but instead I ordered Chrisco. I ate some of the bacon, sausages and hotdogs with in the first couple days, then my fiance and his friend ate some of the beef that came in the package, for the three or four days of eating this we were all not feeling well, we didnt really put 2 and 2 together at first, we thought maybe we just all have the flu, well I felt much better for a day and a bit, then ate the hot dogs again today, boy do i feel crappy again, i have stomach pains and throwing up like crazy, as before.... i checked all my meat best before dates, and everything is expired.... and not by a few days BY UP TO A MONTH PLUS!!!.... the bacon is best before nov 21 08 the hotdogs best before Nov 5 08.... so know i have to go check all my dry goods to see what is expired in there... i was under the immpression when ordering this stuff that it was frech meat, purchased by the chrisco company not long before deliver to you, which means not frozen for well over a month plus.... cuz if it expires in early november, how long has it been on a store shelf or warhouse before that... I am so not immpressed. I really didnt have the money to do this in the first place, but i made it work and we got all our holiday food plus... but it looks like we cant eat any of it anymore.... so I can have real groceries again til next pay day and that really sucks this really makes me mad and pissed off and unsatisfied. I have heard many complaints online about there expired meat. I have emailed the company yesterday telling them all this and more, and stating to them that they have a couple days to email me back before I go above there heads, I asked for a return of everything I purchased and a complete refund on the entire order...
I will keep you updated I hope this helps any one else who thinks of ordering chrisco/santas choice whatever there name may be know..... i will never order this again or reccomend it to anyone!!!

chilliwack, British Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chrisco-Hampers-Santas-Choice/Scarborough-Ontario-M1S-0B2/Chrisco-Hampers-Santas-Choice-Chrisco-is-Expencive-and-they-send-you-expired-food-Sc-1033312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chrisco Hampers - Santas Choice

I agree with the comment

AUTHOR: Angie - ()

Hi there, I used to be a costumer for many years before I caught on to the expiration dates as well.

my last purchase was for the 2013christmas season. I stored the dry items away in the pantry. I lost my job and thought Thank God for my full pantry. Lo and behold, I pulled out some stocked items and they had best before March 2014! Now having been to grocery stores, I know that items, especially dry items do not have such a short life span. The meat arrived frozen but had a funny taste when cooked (Ground beef).

They now want my business by sending me catalogues etc., I just throw them out. They target vulnerable people, pay more than what it would cost with the payment plan, and then send you old items.

ijust happened to catch this now when my friend who is now in a similar situation asked me about the program. Told her to check reviews. I wish I filed a report like the previous lady.

something is very wrong and I feel that Santas Choice needs to be better regulated before someone gets some sort of food poisoning or worse from their food Items.

Clarification on Frozen/Dated Products

AUTHOR: Therese - (Canada)

I wanted to reply to this post as both a part owner and employee of Santas Choice.

We absolutely stand behind our products. Our food products are received directly from the manufacturers, not from the grocery store shelves or warehouse. As our meat and freezer hampers are shipped to our customers frozen, the individual products are flash frozen by the manufacturer prior to being shipped to us for packing. The best before date is marked for grocery store display, when the product is not frozen. The products are frozen and shipped to us just after manufacture, and prior to the best before date. We work very closely with our suppliers to ensure quality control and product freshness. Our packing operation is scheduled by product date, product availability, and delivery dates to the customers.

I hope this explains the situation. We take any issue a customer has seriously and do our best to contact the customer and resolve the issue. It was difficult to find the customer who had posted this initial report, but after looking into the situation, I see it was resolved with her on December 12, 2008 by a refund.