Complaint Review: Christopher Minnes | General Manager

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: TERRIBLE HOTEL!! — mobile Alabama
Christopher Minnes | General Manager
968 Park Ave. Lake Tahoe, California USA

Christopher Minnes | General Manager Christopher Minnes | General Manager Christopher Minnes - OWNER / MANAGER IS A SCAMMER SOUTH Lake Tahoe California

Christopher Minnes | General Manager- THIS GUY WILL TREAT YOU HORRIBLY!!! LOOK AT THE REVIEWS OF HIS HOTEL!!!  968 PARK HOTEL- DONT STAY HERE IS MY OPINION!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September

We stopped off in Lake Tahoe just to see what the town was like and where very disappointed. If I hadn't prepaid for the room I would have left.

The bed had dog fur in and the bed sheets had holes in and felt dirty. There was no air con so very hot and the staff where noisy in the morning. Bedrooms were small and bathroom was very small! Was glad to leave that place!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed

I stayed here for one Saturday night with a friend that had a groupon and decided to get my own groupon and stay here again. I called minutes after checking their website to make sure they still had rooms available (one queen bed) for the weekend. Their website said their was still a room available however, on the phone they said they did not have any rooms left including a single queen which the groupon qualifies for (this seems quite dishonest). When I asked about the following weekend I was told that any stay over a weekend requires a two night stay. This is not stated anywhere on the groupon nor is it stated anywhere on their website. Basically they changed their policy when I called to make a reservation. This is dishonest and false advertising. I asked to speak with the manager but the manager had just left. I left my contact info and asked to speak with the manager when they were available. I received a call back about 10 minutes later from the same person saying that the manager confirmed that their policies had not changed and there was nothing they could do. I again asked to speak with the manager and received the same response "they just left". I have still not received a response from the manager.

The room might be worth the 79+10taxes however requiring a 2 night stay with the 2nd night running an additional $230 is totally unreasonable.

The place was likely once a small crappy hotel that a developer bought up and tried to make "green" themed, which I respect. However the rooms are very small and cramped. The rooms are so small they had to make custom furniture so you could actually walk through the room. Otherwise the room was clean and the furniture was new and seemed to be made of quality. The hot tub is indoors with very poor ventilation. I felt quite sick after about 10 minutes because of the chemicals and the poor ventilation. Actually everyone that was in the hot tub had to leave after about 15 minutes because they felt also sick.

My opinion is that after many people bought groupons, 968 Park didn't want to honor the groupons so they made up extra stipulations and claim that they don't have rooms available. This is a poor business practice and shows a lack of integrity.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14

Beware.... Its hot in the rooms with no air conditioners. All you have is a box fan. Its noisey with the window open. Stay somewhere else for a good nights sleep. I will never stay here again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July

We had a very negative experience here. Here's why:

(1) Location / Aesthetics. This is certainly not a "resort and spa" as the sign outside says. It is basically a motel (but with interior hallways) located on a relatively small footprint of parking lot and concrete. There are no grounds to walk, etc. Do not let the narrow-angle pictures on their website let you think it is located in the woods, offers views, etc.

(2) Room Furnishings. The rooms match the grounds. In typical motel style, the room was completely dominated by the bed, with no sitting area, completely spartan WC, etc. Our view was of the hotel next door. There was also a curious shortage of outlets. We had to unplug the clock to charge our laptop.

(3) Climate Control Inadequate. There is no air conditioning. Our room was hot even at night with retained heat from the daytime. We had a stand fan that squeaked when it oscillated. There is also a tiny fan in a light fixture near the window (not at all a ceiling fan), but as far as we could tell it worked only when the lights were on (so couldn't use at night).

(4) Cleanliness Lacking. The 968 Park's commitment to cleanliness is minimal. When we checked in, we were sent to our room. It had not been cleaned! Disgusting. After we checked into our new room, we decided to go to the pool. There were countless dead bugs and specks of tree pollen floating across the entire surface of the pool -- plus several "slicks" of yellow slime that appeared to be sunscreen or tanning oil. Gross. (A hotel employee came out while I was I attempting to skim the pool, saw me and commented on it, but he did not offer to help nor did he ask why I was skimming the pool. I gave up.) The next day, when we returned to our room at 3:30 after having been off the property since 10:30 -- our room had not been cleaned. We called to let the desk know and received a non-apology (it somehow seemed to be our fault for having come back too early to our room). We then had housekeeping calling us up to try to get us out of the room to clean it, because they go home at 5.

(5) Customer Service Not Professional. The staff are not rude, but they are clueless at dealing with customer complaints (and as you can guess from our review, we had some). They offered us a free breakfast delivered to our room as a resolution for the filthy room at check-in issue, but one of the items was inedible and the coffee came without cream or sugar (we were told to go downstairs if we wanted some). Another example is we called to ask if they had towels by the pool, they told us they normally stock them but we would have to go to the front desk if they had run out. Of course, they had run out, so we had to go to the front desk. We got the sense they don't check more than once a day unless asked. As another example, we heard the front desk staffer apologetically tell a customer on the phone (who was calling to complain about the heat / lack of AC) that there was nothing more she could until a manager came back the next day. The staff mean well but they need more training and authority to resolve disputes.

(6) Billing Error. We were charged an *extra* $20 as an alleged rate adjustment at check-out. (Believe me, this was a shock based on our experience!) The front desk told us that it was a "credit" to make our rate lower -- even though it was called a "debit" and showed up in the "charges" (not "credit" column). We had to show her the math on a calculator (showing the total was now $20 higher than before) to get the extra charge removed. The front desk staffer (she said she was the manager) claimed it was the fault of "the computer" which does that "automatically." We didn't need to hear her excuses.

The bottom line is there is nothing special (in a good way) about this property -- and there is a lot that is wrong. We paid an effective rate, with taxes, of $220 a night and it was not ski season. We could have stayed at the local Motel 6 for $85 a night -- and they have A/C. More than $200 a night does not guarantee the Ritz, but it does trigger certain obligations: clean the rooms at checkout and daily thereafter; make sure the pool is not filthy; have managers who can explain the billing system and properly adjust customer issues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Christopher-Minnes-General-Manager/Lake-Tahoe-California-96150/Christopher-Minnes-General-Manager-Christopher-Minnes-General-Manager-Christopher-Min-1079814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Christopher Minnes | General Manager