Complaint Review: Chrome 1

• Updated: Fri, September 06, 2013

• Reported By: Disapointedagain — Carson City Nevada
Chrome 1
1004 W. West Covina Parkway West Covina, California USA

Chrome 1 John or Juan, Chrome, Chrome Question, 626.941.4133 & 323.515.5107 Chrome 1 John/Jaun Sold Me a Defective Bumper and Will Not Return My Calls West Covina California

Chrome 1 John or Jaun had a booth at the Hot August Nights swap meet in Reno NV this year 2013. His rechromed dispaly bumpers looked great. I bought a wrapped up 57 Chevy wagon bumper with ends. I unwrapped about 10" of the bumper and it looked good. I didn't open the ends. He gave me his phone number and e-mail so I could send him my cores for credit. When I opened the packaging at home I found that the bumper had horrible repair work done to it. It is so bent it cannot be mounted to the car.

It had weld repairs showing through the chrome, massive grinding marks where the old chrome had been ground off and was twisted. The ends both have dry patches of chrome along with large flaws in the most exposed areas. Not acceptable. I called John and let him know and he asked me to text him my shipping address for replacement parts. I would then send back the old parts plus cores on him. He is now ignoring my calls at both numbers (the 323 is a magic jack #). To date, I have recieved replacement parts. It has been 4 weeks. I paid cash, he does not take cars...gee wonder why? I lose.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chrome-1/West-Covina-California-91790/Chrome-1-John-or-Juan-Chrome-Chrome-Question-6269414133-3235155107-Chrome-1-John-1082266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chrome 1