Complaint Review: Chuck's by Kostas Auto Repair, INC

• Updated: Fri, December 06, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Boynton Beach Florida
Chuck's by Kostas Auto Repair, INC
520 W Industrial Ave Boynton Beach, Florida USA

Chuck's by Kostas Auto Repair, INC Chuck's Auto DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO THEM Boynton Beach Florida

*Author of original report: Lemon Law

*Author of original report: Lemon Law

*General Comment: as is

This use to be my mechanic. Before when he was over on Railroad Rd in Boynton Beach he was honest and would work with you and tell you the truth about what is wrong with your car and kept the cost down when you coud buy your own parts and he would charge you for labor and service was better. Now that he bought his new shop like previous owner or owners he is not much different then any two bit mechanic that wants money and does not beleive in customer service. There is also reviews on-line I saw under the previous owner "Chuck's Auto" and I could not beleive what I read. I do not know what happen instead of fixing a relationship to be my mechanic he uses excues that are true. It all started by buying a car on his lot the the new owner states was not his. I guess because he is not the owner of the cars and because I bought the car I bought it as is and I understand that. You think to have this person as your mechanic and a certified one he would not do this. I bought the car and he stated to my wife and I that that was the best car on his lot. Also he kept saying it not my car but he did recommend the car. I also took the car to him before I tried to drive up to Ganiesville, FL and the car broke down and he stated nothing he could do. Then when I found out the car had a badengine it was like its not my car you bought it from the previous owner and will not help me at all. So, if he is costing me money not working making money I guess I can do the same.  So if you hear of this auto repair place in South Florida please go some where else it not worth it even if he is nice or I do not know what happened to this honest mechanic. I know he lost a good customer that had used cars without any auto warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2013 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chucks-by-Kostas-Auto-Repair-INC/Boynton-Beach-Florida-33426/Chucks-by-Kostas-Auto-Repair-INC-Chucks-Auto-DO-NOT-TAKE-YOUR-CAR-TO-THEM-Boynton-Beac-1104922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chuck's by Kostas Auto Repair, INC

Lemon Law

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Also your statement "You know there was a time when Americans STOOD UP and took ACCOUNTABILITY for their actions" Lying about a car stating it is the best car in the shop. Also disclousure of any mechanical problems has to be done by the seller and I am standing up for myself and Chuck's should be ACCOUNTABLE!!!

Lemon Law

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

After have the car was fixed I have documentation that the shop that sold me the car knew about the engine also was advised the engine in that car has been rebulit several times so, the sold as is is not.

#3 General Comment

as is

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

As is meand AS IS!! What is so hard to understand. You wish to drag someones name through the mud at least have the balls to name yourself. Oh wait its the internet. A place ANY nutjob can go and write ANYTHING they want without consiquences. NO!! WAIT!!! Thats WRONG!!!! The web is considered to be a MEDIA OUTLET. As such all this person has to do is retain a Lawyer and get a court order. You are slandering them. Thats a civil offense. Hence WHY you put ANON in there.

The mech even told you that HE did not own the vehicle. He told you that he was JUST a BROKER. A Broker is only the middleman. This means that he MAY get a cut of the cash paid as a finders fee but thats as far as HIS responsability goes. You bought this car as is. That means the MOMENT you drove it off the lot it was yours. As the mechanic had ZERO responsability in the OWNERSHIP of said vehicle, you are pretty much stuck. So instead of admitting that YOU screwed up, you wish to blame an innocent person FOR YOUR ISSUE!!!

You know there was a time when Americans STOOD UP and took ACCOUNTABILITY for their actions. Even their mistakes. Now everyone wants to blame SOMEONE ELSE instead of fessing up to their part. I myself had a similar issue. My mechanic sold me a car as is, he was selling it FOR someone else. It blew a head gasket. DID I run to the mechanic and WHINE??? NOPE!! I understood when buying it that it WAS AS IS!!!! No warrenty. When you factor in the costs to repair MY car it costs roughly the same as it would had I gone to a Used car lot. MY FAULT!! Not the mechanics, not the original sellers fault. MINE!!!! It was MY responsability AFTER I PAID FOR IT to make sure it stayed in running order. Funny part was I did what EVERYONE does. He told me there was a cooling issue but I promptly FORGOT!!!!! Then summer rolls around and BAM!!! Head gasket blows.

Was I upset, you bet. Was I ticked, ABSOLUTLY!!! Did I run around and try and stick the BLAME and COSTS on someone else? NO!!!!!! So you should learn from this mistake on YOUR part. YOU BOUGHT A USED CAR AS IS. In the future try and secure a WRITTEN WARRENTY. But you WENT CHEAP AND IT COSTS YOU!

Liberals