Complaint Review: Chuparkoff and Junga

Chuparkoff and Junga
1650 Lake Shore Dr Columbus, Ohio USA

Chuparkoff and Junga Did not get what I was told- Not even close Columbus Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Truth

I retained Marks firm on 4 different cases and was informed of the range of results which I could expect. Best case and worst case scenario. Each case resulted in worse than the worst case scenario. I do realize that these things happen and its not necessarily anyones fault, the problem I have with all my cases resulting in a worse than worst case scenario is that there was virtually no effort put forth.

After Mark missed the statute of limitations on one case he said it was my fault, yes, he literally blamed me because he missed the statute of limitations.

It isnt an exageration to say Mark and his firm destroyed my life, at my weakest and in my greatest need he took advantage. He called my elderly father who is on a fixed income and has health issues and told him he needed $10,000 or he was dropping all my cases. That was astounding, I sinply couldnt believe that any professional in any field would act in such a manner.

Result of any litigation is a crapshoot, I understand that. Lack of any effort is unacceptable, and without question the lack of virtually any effort was the biggest problem I faced.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chuparkoff-and-Junga/Columbus-Ohio-43204/Chuparkoff-and-Junga-Did-not-get-what-I-was-told-Not-even-close-Columbus-Ohio-1122816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chuparkoff and Junga

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Truth

AUTHOR: Mark Chuparkoff - ()

The author of this report is Mr. Stephen P. Harris. Mr. Harris was the owner of Freedom Banc Mortgate and Freedom Equity Savings. Feel free to investigate those two companies with the Franklin County (Ohio) Clerk of Courts, the BBB and the Ohio Attorney General's office. You will see that they have a history of civil and alleged criminal activity. As such, nothing they allege is true. Also feel free to search Freedom Banc and Steve Harris right here on the "ripoff report" site. Unfortunately, as the owner of Chuparkoff & Junga, I feel obligated to reply to his baseless remarks: Steve's companies have multiple judgments and complaints against them for unfair and deceptive practices. They have judgments against them in the amount of hundreds of thousands of dollars because of their work practices. These can be confirmed at the Ohio Attorney General's website and/or the Franklin County Clerk of Court's website. Stephen hired our firm to help him with an outstanding arrest warrant, divorce, foreclosure, suit against the Clear Creek Police Department (he alleged they hacked his computer system making his business inoperable) and Cincinnati Insurance Company (for denying his claim regarding the hacking case). Steve states in his complaint that "it is not an exaggeration to say that Mark and his firm destroyed my life..." As you can see above, Steve already had criminal issues, a divorce, a foreclosure and a shut down business before meeting us. His blaming his destroyed life on us is his modus operandi. He creates his own problems and blames everyone else. Does it really sound as an individual with criminal, domestic, financial and business issues was "on top of the world"? Does it really sound as if we "destroyed" his life? He had these issues before meeting us. FYI: We were the 5th set of lawyers to handle Steve's various problems. No other lawyer would be as patient as we were with him... until it became unbearable with the lies, deception and eventual realization of the truth behind his "claims". With reference to the legal issues we handled: 1) Criminal Case: Warrant lifted, case dismissed with only a bond forfeiture = Great Result. 2) Divorce: (we got in while this case was still pending as he fired 2 prior lawyers) and got Mr. Harris more visitation than the Guardian originally recommended and also got him beneficial use of the Marital Home (which promptly went into foreclosure). More time with kids and he gets the house = Great Result. However, Mr. Harris was held in contempt for failing (despite repeated warnings) to pay child support and various debts that he incurred during the marriage. Now he blames us because he refused to pay child support. Additionally, Steve failed to appear at a number of meetings, court dates and his deposition (which he requested be scheduled). Ultimately, due to Steve's verbal abuse, threats and bullying, our firm withdrew as his counsel prior to the conclusion of the case. 3) Foreclosure(we got in while this case was still pending as he fired his other lawyer) and extended the time frame with which Mr. Harris was going to be evicted. This foreclosure was filed in early 2012. We got involved and, as of 2014, Mr. Harris's house has not yet been foreclosed upon.... 2 years without making a payment = Great Result. 4) Clear Creek Police Case (we got in while this case was still pending as he fired his other lawyer - different lawyer than domestic case). Steve alleged that an ex-employee (whom he had an affair with) and the Clear Creek Police Department placed spyware and mal-ware on his computers, hacked into his computer system and made his business inoperable. Upon meeting with Steve, he indicated he had expert reports establishing the hacking and a letter from the Police Sergeant admitting to the hacking.... sounds great.... but it wasn't true. After months of begging to see the expert reports establishing the hacking and the confession letter... it turns out that neither existed. Without evidence, the case has no merit. As it turned out, Steve flat out lied about what had happened. He had 4 experts (one at a time because he fired them regularly because they couldn't establish hacking). One expert established that it was likely that Steve was the hacker. Another expert testified that Steve plagiarized his report. The expert currently can't state with any specificity if hacking occurred. As such, without an expert testifying that the hacking happened... there is no case. Steve blames us... Again, because of Steve's verbal abuse we withdrew before the conclusion of this case. The lawyer who took over after our withdrawal ultimately dismissed the case. 5) Cincinnati Insurance Case (although the case was not filed yet, we got in during the middle of this because Steve fired his other lawyer) Steve submitted a claim to Cincinnati Insurance which was denied because he 1) plagiarized the expert report used to establish hacking (see above), 2) failed to cooperate in the investigation and 3) had no evidence of hacking. Steve told us that his computer system shut down his business in December 2010. As such, we had until December 2012 to file his complaint. We did that. The problem arose when Steve acknowledged that he experienced computer problems as early as May 2009 (which he believed was hacking). This put his "loss" earlier than 2010 which means the Statute of Limitations expired prior to us getting involved. We filed suit and loss on the Statute of Limitations argument. Of note, Steve failed to re-register his Mortgage Lending License. So he was technically out of business in July of 2010... but never told us that. The fact that he lied and said his business shut down in December 2010 is important. We filed a complaint based on his shut down date... which ultimately was 6 months earlier because of his failure to register. OTHER ISSUES: In 2012, Mr. Harris asked if I'd go into business with him. Yes, the lawyer he thinks ruined his life, was good enough to go into business with. I declined. Because Mr. Harris had not spent any real quality time with his son. I gave them 3 Ohio State - Illinois Football tickets. I thought it was important to do everything I could to encourage quality time.(Of note, at this time we did not know he had no proof about the hacking). Mr. Harris gave us 5 cases to work on... and not all at the same time. We were doing such a horrible job that Mr. Harris continued to hire us to work on additional matters. In addition to the 5 cases, we were also hired to attend various debtor's exams because of his numerous judgments. Steve became so abusive and argumentative when we told him the lack of facts supporting his Clear Creek and Cincinnati cases, that I threatened to withdraw as counsel. Despite his demand that we set it up, Steve failed to appear at his deposition in the domestic case (see above). As a result, we threatened to withdraw as he was wasting our time, opposing counsel's time, the guardian's time and his father's money (Gary Harris was paying all the bills for Steve). Gary contacted me and requested I give Steve "one more chance". As a courtesy, we stayed on the cases. Steve says that his father is on a fixed income. He implies that we took advantage of him. Please keep in mind that Steve asked his dad for help with the fees. His dad payed for everything Steve does. If you look at the domestic divorce decision, Steve acknowledges that he has taken over $200,000.00 from his dad to live off because he refuses to get a job. Gary begged us to remain on the case and, as a courtesy to him, we did... for about another month until Steve became ridiculously rude, obnoxious and unbearable. So we withdrew. Gary and Connie Harris (Steve's parents) are good people. They paid for Steve's representation based on Steve's representations. Unfortunately, regarding the Hacking and Steve's business, he was not honest with them. Now they have wasted a lot of good money chasing Steve's wild dream. Steve has gone on every website imaginable, using alias' like Marcus Welty, Michael Wellington and John Galt to muddy our name. Lastly, in July 2013, Steve emailed me demanding I pay him $25,000.00 within 24 hours or he will sue me for malpractice. I respectfully declined. Should you want to know more (or get real referrals) contact us. Thanks for reading.